Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Post Your Question(s) to Audi ED Department here

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LARRYJEN
Hi Stephanie, this has probably been asked before, but can one use both the 6% ACNA discount with the 5% Euro Delivery discount, when doing ED?
The answer is "No". I had asked the same question before because when I did an ED for my BMW, I was able to get the BMW car club discount on top of the ED discount. But one cannot combine the discounts with Audi. Sorry!
Old 10-06-2016, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Can anyone clarify the VAT situation?

I've read that it was previously demanded, but then it became optional, and I've read on this forum that Audi no longer is making it a directive...

Today, my wife went to speak with our local dealership, with a new sales person, and they said they will collect and cash a VAT check, which we're no interested in for several reasons.

Overall, their attitude was fairly off-putting to the whole experience, I'm wondering if it's even worth it, but should we pursue the path that it's not a requirement, and if so, what's the best way to prove this?
Old 10-07-2016, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PDong
Can anyone clarify the VAT situation?

I've read that it was previously demanded, but then it became optional, and I've read on this forum that Audi no longer is making it a directive...

Today, my wife went to speak with our local dealership, with a new sales person, and they said they will collect and cash a VAT check, which we're no interested in for several reasons.

Overall, their attitude was fairly off-putting to the whole experience, I'm wondering if it's even worth it, but should we pursue the path that it's not a requirement, and if so, what's the best way to prove this?
No VAT check should be written to your dealer, according to head of Audi ED Department.

Jan 22, 2014 at 5:12 AM

Hello,

Yes, we do not require that the dealer collects the VAT check. However, should the dealer not collect the check and the customer stays abroad longer than 90 days they are subject to the 19% fee. Most dealers prefer to collect the money as a safe keeping however it is returned immediately after the car is dropped off at port.

Please let me know if you have any other questions! My contact information is below if you prefer to speak over the phone.

Thank you!

Amanda Jasionowski
VIP/European Delivery/Audi exclusive Sales
Experiential Marketing

Audi of America, Inc.
Marketing
2200 Ferdinand Porsche Drive
Herndon, VA, 20171
United States of America
Old 02-02-2017, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Non us-bound models?

Can you special order a car such as an rs3 or s3 hatchback?
Old 02-06-2017, 01:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

My understanding is that you can only do ED on a car that is sold in the USA. So for example, since Audi does not currently sell an diesel vehicles in the USA, one cannot do an ED on a diesel vehicle. If your RS3 or S3 hatchback is a US spec vehicle, then you should be able to do an ED. But it is best to check with your dealer.

CarSwami
Old 02-07-2017, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by CarSwami
My understanding is that you can only do ED on a car that is sold in the USA. So for example, since Audi does not currently sell an diesel vehicles in the USA, one cannot do an ED on a diesel vehicle. If your RS3 or S3 hatchback is a US spec vehicle, then you should be able to do an ED. But it is best to check with your dealer.

CarSwami
Correct. Same apply to BMW, Porsche, Volvo, and Mercedes ED program.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Questions about program

I have ordered through my dealer a 2017 Q7 but have not yet received confirmation from Audi. Do I wait to make travel plans until i have that confirmation and what is the usual time frame from the date of me receiving the confirmation and the actual confirmation date?

Also could you explain who is responsible for any damages that result during t he shipping process? Thank you.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Also could you explain who is responsible for any damages that result during the shipping process? Thank you.
When you drop off your car at one of the drop off sites, they will inspect the car for any damages before shipping. I inspected the car first and took pics too. You will sign off the inspection sheet. Be sure you wash the car before going to the drop off site.
When the ship arrives in the USA and offloads your car at the port, the car is inspected again for any new damages. I believe Audi will pay for any repairs from damage from shipping.

Last edited by TIME89; 02-24-2017 at 07:53 AM.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mkinn
When you drop off your car at one of the drop off sites, they will inspect the car for any damages before shipping. I inspected the car first and took pics too. You will sign off the inspection sheet. Be sure you wash the car before going to the drop off site.
When the ship arrives in the USA and offloads your car at the port, the car is inspected again for any new damages. I believe Audi will pay for any repairs from damage from shipping.
When I see cars being unloaded at the dealership, they're wrapped; I'm assuming this is done at the factory (?). If so, does the car get wrapped when you drop it off, in an ED scenario?
Old 03-02-2017, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yes, we do not require that the dealer collects the VAT check. However, should the dealer not collect the check and the customer stays abroad longer than 90 days they are subject to the 19% fee. Most dealers prefer to collect the money as a safe keeping however it is returned immediately after the car is dropped off at port.
Originally Posted by TIME89
No VAT check should be written to your dealer, according to head of Audi ED Department.
Reading the email you're referencing, it sounds like it's kind of optional, and the dealer may push for it to cover themselves. Is this right?
I'm getting ready to go through this process, and want to understand the current expectations.

Quick Reply: Post Your Question(s) to Audi ED Department here