Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Stab at an ED FAQ

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We was lucky - no one ask for our documents true all trip. Some hotel parking is so narrow, that it take hole family to help me parking. Got my first bumper scratch in Milan on hotel parking.

I have NAVY in my car and I must say - it's a GOD help to driver.
First time I open throttle on the way from Munich to Zurich - 4 ppl +lagge - 125+ mlh - I was so proud of my self until I get pass by A8 doing at list 150 mph.
Parking is a problem almost everywhere. We make our reservation and make sure that hotels has a parking. Overnight parking -> 25EU.

Gas Station Germany - first you fill your car, then move your car to the parking and back to cashier to pay.

Freaking pay tollway every 5-10 ml in Italy, France.

Driving in Italy is not that bad - if you from big metropolis like LA or NY - you will be fine.

Last edited by TIME89; 04-27-2009 at 08:12 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Length of delivery process

To old timers:
Length of delivery process in Audi Forum?
Factory tour before or after delivery?
Old 06-04-2009, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ok...I am very interested in making the move to Audi from BMW. I also am on the fence about doing ED. Main reason is to save money. Secondary is to have a cool long weekend away with a friend. My prospective dealer is doing his best to talk me out of it (because they don't make much on sale, lots of work, blah blah blah.) Offered to sell me Q5 for 5% under invoice w/o doing ED (hope I didn't just break forum rules). With the state of things in the economy, I would imagine I could talk them down even more - to say, 1000-1200 over Invoice in a normal domestic sale.

Can anyone fill me in on what additional savings there could be by doing an ED that would be above and beyand (and economically beat) a hypothetical deal of approx 1000 over invoice w/ domestic deliver?

It was so much clear with BMW. I worked a deal with them for 1000 over ED invoice price (which is a much lower number than Domesic delivery invoice). All the options were ED invoice price. And I saved a lot of the BS fees (advertising). Great deal, but I am starting to feel you cant do as good with AUDI.

Comments please.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by rubinjos
Ok...I am very interested in making the move to Audi from BMW. I also am on the fence about doing ED. Main reason is to save money. Secondary is to have a cool long weekend away with a friend. My prospective dealer is doing his best to talk me out of it (because they don't make much on sale, lots of work, blah blah blah.) Offered to sell me Q5 for 5% under invoice w/o doing ED (hope I didn't just break forum rules). With the state of things in the economy, I would imagine I could talk them down even more - to say, 1000-1200 over Invoice in a normal domestic sale.

Can anyone fill me in on what additional savings there could be by doing an ED that would be above and beyand (and economically beat) a hypothetical deal of approx 1000 over invoice w/ domestic deliver?

It was so much clear with BMW. I worked a deal with them for 1000 over ED invoice price (which is a much lower number than Domestic delivery invoice). All the options were ED invoice price. And I saved a lot of the BS fees (advertising). Great deal, but I am starting to feel you cant do as good with AUDI.

Comments please.
Good luck!
I try to get some answers here for long time - no one replay.
I only find out that for Audi ED discount is 5% of MSRP and then how good you talk to your local salesman.
You have to buy airplane tickets, Audi pay for first night hotel in Ingolstadt and you have 15 days from pick up date (BMW- 14) . and you have to write check for VAT tax.

Drop off location the same as for BMW outside Germany.

Last edited by TIME89; 06-04-2009 at 03:53 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:33 AM
rbt
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rubinjos
Ok...I am very interested in making the move to Audi from BMW. I also am on the fence about doing ED.
<snip>
Comments please.
With the economy as it is and many dealers trying to move inventory, it would probably not make great 'economic sense' to do ED today if your motivation is pure dollars and cents (and minimal effort).
That being said, I can tell you if you are an enthusiast and like travel, the total value of the ED experience is well worth it, even if you got no better than the listed 5%-off-MSRP ED official pricing. It's a great deal of fun and you'll remember the experience for years.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by rbt
With the economy as it is and many dealers trying to move inventory, it would probably not make great 'economic sense' to do ED today if your motivation is pure dollars and cents (and minimal effort).
That being said, I can tell you if you are an enthusiast and like travel, the total value of the ED experience is well worth it, even if you got no better than the listed 5%-off-MSRP ED official pricing. It's a great deal of fun and you'll remember the experience for years.
rbt,
If you pick up your car in Germany - can you answer my questions:
How long is delivery process and when to schedule factory tour - before or after delivery?
And correct me if I'm wrong - Audi paid for 1 night hotel in Ingolstadt.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:22 PM
rbt
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by TIME89
rbt,
If you pick up your car in Germany - can you answer my questions:
How long is delivery process and when to schedule factory tour - before or after delivery?
And correct me if I'm wrong - Audi paid for 1 night hotel in Ingolstadt.
The tour & museum are completely optional. If you really wanted you could do the delivery in an hour or less and be outta there. Most folks do the tour first, then delivery. You don't have to go out of your way to schedule the tour if you want to take it, they set it all up when they set up your final itinerary. But the tour starts at a pre-determined time (depending on how big the expected crowd each day), so they would schedule the delivery slot around the tour time slot. there's time to do everything if you want to do it; even spend all the time you want in the Museum/gift shop after everything else on the itinerary is done. But the factory tour was definitely worth it and I'd recommend it to anyone. Even my wife, a very typical 'girl', enjoyed the tour a lot.
As far as what you'd typically get:
-chauffeured ride from Munich to Ingolstadt
-1 night Hotel in Ingolstadt (or @ Munich airport hotel, if your flight is arriving late)
-Daypass to the Audi Forum restaurant/cafeteria, which has all kinds of tasty food!
Old 06-07-2009, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by rbt
The tour & museum are completely optional. If you really wanted you could do the delivery in an hour or less and be outta there. Most folks do the tour first, then delivery. You don't have to go out of your way to schedule the tour if you want to take it, they set it all up when they set up your final itinerary. But the tour starts at a pre-determined time (depending on how big the expected crowd each day), so they would schedule the delivery slot around the tour time slot. there's time to do everything if you want to do it; even spend all the time you want in the Museum/gift shop after everything else on the itinerary is done. But the factory tour was definitely worth it and I'd recommend it to anyone. Even my wife, a very typical 'girl', enjoyed the tour a lot.
As far as what you'd typically get:
-chauffeured ride from Munich to Ingolstadt
-1 night Hotel in Ingolstadt (or @ Munich airport hotel, if your flight is arriving late)
-Daypass to the Audi Forum restaurant/cafeteria, which has all kinds of tasty food!
Thanks.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

so let me get this right, they give you a ride back from the drop off point?
Because the way I understand it is they pick you up from the airport, but how do you get back? and for the gps do they give you one as a loan? how do you give it back at the drop off? or to the driver? I am very interested in doing this, so I was wondering about that. thanks
Old 07-20-2009, 03:40 PM
rbt
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by relidtm
so let me get this right, they give you a ride back from the drop off point?
Because the way I understand it is they pick you up from the airport, but how do you get back? and for the gps do they give you one as a loan? how do you give it back at the drop off? or to the driver? I am very interested in doing this, so I was wondering about that. thanks

I don't think there are any fixed accommodations past the dropoff point. Others may have had different experiences. if you drop off back @ Audi Forum, you can hop on a train at the Ingostadt station and be back in Munich (or the airport, I suppose) pretty easily. Not a huge deal. I think there is also a dropoff office right in Munich, if that's where you are staying the night before departing the country. you'd leave the GPS w/ the dropoff office folks.

Quick Reply: Stab at an ED FAQ