Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Tips for Audi European Delivery

Old 01-14-2010, 03:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amsterdam.

I still need to do a full writeup but am a bit busy with my work/study situation.

Asked Gary about current car status: it's in Emden waiting for a slot on a boat.... hope it doesn't take too long
Old 01-14-2010, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Tomcat84
Amsterdam.

I still need to do a full writeup but am a bit busy with my work/study situation.

Asked Gary about current car status: it's in Emden waiting for a slot on a boat.... hope it doesn't take too long
Anything to say about Amsterdam drop off location ?
I am dropping off mine overthere ,my sister in law lives in Amstelveen ,
Any idea how far it is from there ?
I'll have to ask you other questions about sending the car back to Europe after a year or so ,do you mine if I send you a private email ?
Old 01-14-2010, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to remind that this thread is called " Tips for Audi European Delivery " - let's stay on topic.
Thank You!

Old 01-14-2010, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by patinsd
Anything to say about Amsterdam drop off location ?
I am dropping off mine overthere ,my sister in law lives in Amstelveen ,
Any idea how far it is from there ?
I'll have to ask you other questions about sending the car back to Europe after a year or so ,do you mine if I send you a private email ?

sure send a message

and to stay on topic here's two tips:

if you wanna use an iPod, get the cable at your dealer in the US before you go, I didnt and paid 38 euros over there or something cause I had to have it

second: when you get the nav unit, if you want to use it, make sure to check it's up to date, mine kept starting with a warning that the maps hadnt been updated since 2008 or something. Not a big deal to me since I was driving on my home turf, but a big deal if you arent (which will usually be the case ) Additionally: i tried to use it to find the drop off place in Amsterdam, and since that was in a newer area, it couldnt find it. So it was good that i had done some route study as a backup before hand and still managed to find it.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Always bring a map/atlas, regardless of a Sat Nav system. Navs are great for telling you where you are and sometimes where you are going, but if you don't set the parameters properly or are not familiar with how to operate a Garmin Nuvi, it is best to have a map. Plus! Nice to have a map to bring to your room to plan the next day's trip, not easy to use a Garmin to do that task!
Old 01-15-2010, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Update...

My car was cleared by US customs today. Took about a week. It will be transported to my dealer next, which means arrival there some time next week.

I should note that today marks the 8th week since I left the car in Paris. So if I do, in fact, get the car next week, it will be closer to 9 weeks from drop-off in Europe to pick-up in the US.

That's a bit too long, and outside the 8 weeks Audi promises.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Audi-X2
Update...

My car was cleared by US customs today. Took about a week. It will be transported to my dealer next, which means arrival there some time next week.

I should note that today marks the 8th week since I left the car in Paris. So if I do, in fact, get the car next week, it will be closer to 9 weeks from drop-off in Europe to pick-up in the US.

That's a bit too long, and outside the 8 weeks Audi promises.
For East Coast - 9 weeks....
Old 01-16-2010, 04:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TIME89
For East Coast - 9 weeks....
Mine took 4 weeks to clear customs as it was forgotten by customs that flagged it for examinaton and EH Harms would not follow-up on it because they didn't want to bother Customs, even though I requested they do so.

Remember, if you drop your car off, for example in Munich, they wait till they have enough cars to fill a truck or two before they start the journey! So, if it is slow and you drop your car off first..........but the good thing is that Vikasa in Munich is filling trucks with Mercedes/BMW/Vovlo/Audi. Here is a question for you all, does your car sit in the cramped parking lot for that time or do they move it to some other empty lot?
Old 01-17-2010, 12:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default My European Delivery Unexperience

Here's a European Delivery tip: bring your order form. It will be very helpful when you get the wrong car and your dealer claims they "lost" it so you can't prove what car you are supposed to get. My delivery date was 15 Jan. When I saw the car, I could see the rims were wrong. Upon closer inspection, I could see the 18" sports package was not included (tires, steering wheel, seats, suspension, etc.) I did not take delivery of the vehicle. Both Fiona (the coordinator on the Germany side) and Gary were very helpful. I think Fiona woke Gary up. Given the time difference, we had to wait until the dealership opened. When they finally answered their phones, they claimed they lost the order form. Funny, they managed not to lose my check. The Forum was prepared to issue me a loaner if it was proven that I ordered a different car. Since I didn't have proof at the time, AoA offered to pay for a rental car. It's a Passat. Not bad for two wheel drive. And since it was Friday night and Monday is a US holiday, nothing was going to get resolved until Tuesday at the earliest.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Oh, you might want to make sure what you ordered is what is being built. That's probably the better tip.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tips for Audi European Delivery