Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Tips for Audi European Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 05:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

two questions all:

1) does Audi AG give you a portable GPS? my letter says that they do?
2) do you really have to drop it off 4 days prior to departure? again, thats what my letter says. thanks all!
Old 12-30-2009, 07:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nvofevery1
two questions all:

1) does Audi AG give you a portable GPS? my letter says that they do?
2) do you really have to drop it off 4 days prior to departure? again, thats what my letter says. thanks all!
1- Yes
the vehicles delivered at the factory in the ED program are U.S. specific; their Navigation Systems are not compatible with European navigation software. Customers are provided with a portable European GPS during their stay in Europe; they return it at drop-off.
2 - Where is drop off? R u sure you read correctly? I never herd about 4 days rules....
You have 14 days (15 officially, but then they mention that 1st day use to sign up papers in German DMV) from pick up day to drop off your car.
To ensure a worry-free and safe transport back to your dealer, please schedule your vehicle drop off at least four days prior to your return trip and within the maximum temporary registration and insurance period of your vehicle. Drop off appointments are necessary for all locations and can be made either by phone or email. Please be advised that vehicle drop offs are available Monday through Friday with varied hours of operation, so please make sure to contact your preferred office to avoid any unexpected delays. All locations are closed on nationally recognized German holidays.
Documentation Needed for Vehicle Drop Off
  • Customer Address, Phone number and Email address
  • Passport as photo identification and Social Security number for US Customs
  • Complete applicable export documents required by the drop off agent including a copy of your Sales Agreement from your Audi dealer
  • One master key (special wheel locks or other necessary mechanisms)
  • Military PCS or Diplomatic orders (if applicable)
  • Copy of Registration and International Insurance Card

If you have a question, that we can't provide to you - you can use this contact
europeandeliveryprogram@audi.com

audiexclusiveprogram@audi.com

Last edited by TIME89; 07-30-2010 at 08:42 AM.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well she's gone and in the hands of the shippers now! Hope everything goes well!

As far as the portable nav, as far as I know you dont get it if your ordered car doesnt have nav.

Anyway, I didn't really need mine and thats a good thing, it was pretty bad. Garmin something, it gave a warning when started that the maps hadnt been updated since 2008... lol

So I would look into that if you plan to utilize it
Old 12-31-2009, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Tomcat84
Well she's gone and in the hands of the shippers now! Hope everything goes well!

As far as the portable nav, as far as I know you dont get it if your ordered car doesnt have nav.

Anyway, I didn't really need mine and thats a good thing, it was pretty bad. Garmin something, it gave a warning when started that the maps hadnt been updated since 2008... lol

So I would look into that if you plan to utilize it
ALTERNATIVE:
$20 ED Portable Navigation Rental Program @ Bimmerfest

Old 12-31-2009, 12:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DarthRay
CFGTTS, please do tell. I'm planning my ED for next year and would like to hear about your experiences when you have a chance. It may be worth its own thread in this (ED) forum.

Thanks!
yes, please tell me what went wrong!
Old 01-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I am in the process of getting it resolved. I will give you my story soon, but please take my suggestion of taking pics of your car seriously and expect to take an active roll in the entire process, but most importantly by inspecting your car at every point of the process you can.

1. Receiving it in Ingolstadt: They have you sign the papers for accepting the car before you go to the car. I would suggest go to the car inspect it thoroughy, as mine had a serious cosmetic flaw with the Caliper and a scratched wheel. Also, if there is too long of a gap between when your car is completed and when you pick it up, it is driven to a Farm Parking lot to wait and then brought back to the pick-up center. Therefore damage can occur at this point as well. My car had close to 30 miles on when delivered to me. Take pics.

2. Dropping it off at the shippers. Take pics.

3. Arrival at the dealership. Go down and inspect it for damage. Take your camera and shoot pics at this point as well. Also, inspect the cars underneath while it is on the dealership Hoist.

I think without me stating what happened to my car that you can guess why I am suggesting keeping a close eye out for damage;-)
Old 01-04-2010, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm not clear on this program... just talked to my local dealer. He explained that the discount is 'up to 5%' and it is no different then buying off the lot. In other words he depending on model etc may negotiate up to 5% off with or without ED.... So, whats the benefit (other than the experience itself)?

This dealer denied that his cost is 3% below invoice when doing an ED.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by hwks1
I'm not clear on this program... just talked to my local dealer. He explained that the discount is 'up to 5%' and it is no different then buying off the lot. In other words he depending on model etc may negotiate up to 5% off with or without ED.... So, whats the benefit (other than the experience itself)?

This dealer denied that his cost is 3% below invoice when doing an ED.
It's hard to get all truss from Audi. Is totally different for BMW - You have ED invoice price (7% less then MSRP).
If you get the same 5% discount then car from lot then - NONE (other than the experience itself). But ones you tried - you hook.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

I order a 2010 S4 on the 12/31/09
Received a phone call from the sale adviser yesterday ,he has the commission # and look like the car is going to production March 8/10
I am now waiting for the European delivery packet
Old 01-05-2010, 09:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by patinsd
I order a 2010 S4 on the 12/31/09
Received a phone call from the sale adviser yesterday ,he has the commission # and look like the car is going to production March 8/10
I am now waiting for the European delivery packet
Pretty cool! Congrats!

Ok, so March 8th makes it about 3 months from order to production. From previous posts I would think that would be closer to 2 months. I wonder if I understood it wrong.

BTW, you probably want to start your own thread as this is the "tips" thread (although this thread is already "out of its tracks" as it is )

Quick Reply: Tips for Audi European Delivery