Audi News Forum Discussion of Audi-related news, rumors, information and links to other publications

The 5 Reasons Why Audi is Creating an Electric Race Car

Old 10-04-2016, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default The 5 Reasons Why Audi is Creating an Electric Race Car

The 5 Reasons Why Audi is Creating an Electric Race car
By Bassem Girgis

Share your thoughts on Audi's plan for electric cars below.

Old 11-20-2017, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

According to some of the top guys at Audi Corporate, the electrification of the car business is the wave that Audi wants to a leader in. Too many times Audi is behind the pack for big market trends. We want to lead when it comes to full electrics. Huge launches coming in the next 24 months.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Well they need to do it differently than Tesla......there is something utterly annoying and downright duplicitous as Hell about a car company that just "decides" one day to stop selling leather seats. The notion of "Electric" cars has been strangled for decades by the very agenda and ideology that SOOOO many electric car advocates have been infected with from the very start. This Tesla "Say No To Leather" decision is simply positive proof that "agenda" trumps customer satisfaction, the truth regarding sustainability, and the REAL truth about byproducts, hazardous waste, and the shell game that is absolutely being played regarding the entire "energy" that it takes to manufacture and operate an electric vehicle.
Unless Tesla's corporate position is that leather doesn't make for nice comfortable durable and extremely attractive automobile seats......then if I didn't know better...I'd swear Tesla has something against eating beef.....and if there is one single shred of veracity to that "Tesla No Meat" thing....then I'm not interested in how fast or how "cutting edge" the Tesla electric fleet is. Especially since they have only delivered a few hundred of the Model 3 as of this month and Elon Musk promised that by December 2017 ......20.000 Model 3s would be rolling off the production line(s).

In a sense.....the June \ July 2017 Tesla announcement that there would be no more leather in their vehicles.....all that was... was a distraction meant to assuage the millennials waiting for their Model 3s to be delivered. That ain't no way to run an American car company trying to "sell" the masses new technology...and it sure isn't a good way to convince people who like leather car seats to buy a Tesla in any case no matter how silent and fast and "sterile" their current production vehicles are.

Audi can do this electric or this electric\self driving thing the right way....or they can follow Tesla's obvious "not in my back yard" environmental and social agenda and play Prius with the planet. If anybody can do it correctly it's the Germans.....they are much better at explaining practicality...even if it means being able to "tune" the emissions "in" or "out" of the car's computer AND the exhaust pipe.
Old 01-25-2018, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I think Audi is still developping its electric technology. Maybe BMW is now the best german manufacturer in this new field.
Old 12-25-2019, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Lucas-1
I think Audi is still developping its electric technology. Maybe BMW is now the best german manufacturer in this new field.
hello,

i am appreciated with your oppinion

regards