Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

is there a lawyer in the house?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default is there a lawyer in the house?

I got this gift certificate for my birthday quote"good for 1 free tint job, valid until 9/30/06, paid cash $200"
After calling and calling the place to make an appointment(driving there a couple of times as well)i get one for today at 1:00pm to get the job done.
I get there on time but the guy tells me that one of their jobs backed up one hour so they can only get me in at 2pm ...no problem i'll wait ....an hour later he tells me that he cannot get me in because the guy that validaded the gift certificate sold the bussiness to them and that they don't honor that...they have to track down the previous owner (wich nobody knows where he is...somewhere in Florida), he has to wire them the money and only after that they will tint my car.
my opinion...that's a bag of sh$#!!! it's not like the PO went out of bussiness, they bought the bussiness with the debts, right? Unless they were all taken care by the PO...wich they weren't and they should know how many gift certificates are out there....am i wrong?
This is cheating if not stealing.
200 bucks paid cash , my time fu&^%%$ up for what ?
Who can i contact about this "shady" bussiness?
By the way the place is called "Car Candy+ " now and my gift certificate is"Car Candy"...the old bussiness....does that makes a difference?
They didn't even made me a deal, nothing.
What are the chances of me geting my car tinted there?
Old 07-13-2006, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the sucky thing is...doing this with a lawyer will cost you more than $200.

if you really want to deal with this, take them to small claims court.

or if you want to cut your losses, file a negative report with the BBB and move on.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default just called them , told them about the general attorney and BBB and they'll do it tomorow for $100

9:00am
Old 07-13-2006, 11:22 AM

Default how does your *** feel?

let them do the tint. make sure they do a good job. and call the BBB anyway.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Then take them to small claims court for the other $100, AND...

...report them to the attorney general.

Make sure you pay by check or credit card. For proof they charged you, of course. Take a photocopy of the gift certificate, so that you have proof of that, too.

BTW, if he gets a lawyer, and wins, he'd also be entitled to reasonable attorney's fees in addition to the original amount sued for.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default i know they're gonna fu^&% up the car...i can feel it

i'm gonna take off tomorow morning and watch them do the job...now it's a $300 tint job.
Car Candy+ on Roseveld Blvd.....stay away from them!!!
Old 07-13-2006, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default i don't wanna sue them....i just want my car tinted

can they sue me for calling the BBB ?
i'm not looking for trouble
Old 07-13-2006, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Too late - trouble found you.

Or, you could just blow it off. Either stand up for yourself, or don't. If you don't, they'll just nail somebody else, and WTF do you care, anyway?

Right?

Don't back down, and if you're afraid AT ALL that they'll screw up your car, don't take it in!
Old 07-13-2006, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Run Away. Don't look back. Its not worth the aggrevation.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:49 AM

Default if it's the same tinting company (and not just the same physical storefront), then....

So, if the tinting company remained the same (e.g., Crappy Tinting LLC), the new owner is presumed to be on the hook for corporate liabilities incurred by the previous owner(s).

If the new owner negotiated the purchase of the company with the understanding that the previous owner would pay outstanding debts, then it's the new owner's job to produce evidence of that agreement.

The bottom line: after you get the tint job done, tell the owner that he's on the hook for honoring the gift certificate. If he balks, then demand to see a document assigning the debt to someone else. Maybe he'll blink and give you a free tint job. If not, hey, you tried. It's not worth hiring a lawyer for this.

This is not legal advice. Blah blah blah.

Note: if this a "new" tinting company that just happens to have set up shop in the old storefront, you're out of luck.

Quick Reply: is there a lawyer in the house?