Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi Original "S" Cars
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-23-2014, 09:39 AM   #1
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 238861

Default E-Brake

Hi Guys,

i was wondering is the E-brake cable accessible to be tightened with out removing the exhaust and the drive shaft?

thanks
sanadrustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 03:27 PM   #2
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 173615

You're right, its hidden behind that stuff, and I don't think so. Not that I've read anywhere at least.
GoHeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:30 PM   #3
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 238861

Darn it haha

I guess no ebrake for me till maybe I do exhaust

Thanks
sanadrustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:47 AM   #4
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 15624

Default Emergency / Parking Brake PNs and info

Our C4 UrS cars use a cable system to activate the rear calipers for emergency braking (good luck with that) and as a parking brake. The handle in the middle console is used to activate the rear emergency/parking brake when you pull it up. As you pull up on the handle. the lever action pulls the threaded rod ahead. The threaded rod pokes through a rubber boot. The two emergency brake cables are attached to a compensating lever below.

There is a ratchet system and a release button. Unlike Volkswagen's ebrake cable that can be adjusted from inside the car, the C4 UrS emergency brake adjustment is OUTSIDE the car, above the drive shaft, which is above the exhaust system. The adjustment is via turning the nut on the threaded rod. If you live in a rust-prone area, use lots and lots of Liquid Wrench or the like before attempting to move the nut. Otherwise, it will likely just break the rod. (Then you need a new handle assembly (PN 4A0711301M for the UrS4)). Here is what the adjuster looks like with the exhaust and driveshaft removed:

Photo Courtesy of Tornado //S6

Note the clips above that hold the ebrake cables into the grey body bracket.

The cables from there are held be some clips and brackets to the body, then they go through tubes inthe rear cross-member as shown here:

Photo Courtesy of Tornado //S6

The ends of the emergency brake cables have a lead-like ball crimped on to the cable. This fits into the rear caliper, as discussed in this rear brake caliper DIY.
93 S4, 1.8t coil pack conversion (First in world using integral POS coil packs (??)), CF (OE), S6 steering wheel, RS2'd, Samcos, MRC, TDS-1, Apikol FMIC, Eibach/Bilstein, BIRA Sys 1, relayed FP
Click here to link to the UrS FAQ Thread Start
Uncle Dave says "You want my 'high horse, elitist' opinion ?(IMHHEO(tm))Then just post something stupid."
Unofficial Chief Cat-herder Vancouver UrS-car club
UrS4boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 05:07 PM   #5
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 173615

Weird, this tread is showing up in reverse order with Dave's post at the top 1st, as #1, even though it's the last post.

Good stuff as usual Dave. Nice pics for him.

eta - now that I made this post its back to normal with this post at the bottom
GoHeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 06:00 AM   #6
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 15624

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHeels View Post
Weird, this tread is showing up in reverse order with Dave's post at the top 1st, as #1, even though it's the last post.
weird vBulletin stuff.

I had to go my USER CP, Edit Options, Thread Display Options and reselect "Linear, Oldest First" and then Save Changes to get it back to normal.
93 S4, 1.8t coil pack conversion (First in world using integral POS coil packs (??)), CF (OE), S6 steering wheel, RS2'd, Samcos, MRC, TDS-1, Apikol FMIC, Eibach/Bilstein, BIRA Sys 1, relayed FP
Click here to link to the UrS FAQ Thread Start
Uncle Dave says "You want my 'high horse, elitist' opinion ?(IMHHEO(tm))Then just post something stupid."
Unofficial Chief Cat-herder Vancouver UrS-car club
UrS4boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
a4, adjustment, audi, handbrake, reg