Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

Got my car back!, I was told by the mechanic that I should preasure bleed my brakes at dealer?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my car back!, I was told by the mechanic that I should preasure bleed my brakes at dealer?!

He (Conrad Spens) who was kind of an A-hole about the job he did on my car, recomended that I preasure bleed my brakes because my brake pedal feels mushy and I have to push it down fairly far for the brakes to engage. He told me that there cars need to be preasure blead the opposite way, preasure into the caliber so all the bubbles come out of the master cylinder, sounds wierd to me. I searched the forum, and everyone seems to bleed their brakes the old fashioned way.

So can I do this myself. Do i need a preasure pump?
Old 04-03-2005, 12:03 PM
Tech Guru

Received 106 Likes on 97 Posts
Default I call BS.

A mechanic who does half a job then sends you to the dealer? Is this an April fools joke?

Pressure bleed from the top down. This is not rocket science. There are insructions for a DIY bleeder in the Tech section of this website - cheaper than the gas to drive to the dealer.

Skip this mechanic in the future.
Old 04-03-2005, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default We have a pump to back flush brakes and clutches which...

we got from Snap on for like one fiddy. If Conrad thinks he need one to make sure his customers don't have air in there lines he should step up. It is MOST unproffessional to give a customer back there car with mushy brakes.
We mostly use the pump for bleeding clutches on BMWs but it has also helped us on some stubborn Volvo Brakes. Its is a "last resort" kinda thing and you want to bleed the system coventionally first so you don't push all the nasty fluid in the calipers up into your ABS unit. He should be able to flush these cars conventionally. I just did mine a couple weeks ago.
Old 04-03-2005, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default You guys read wrong, he didnt work on my brakes, he was fixing my car, body work.

He replaced one of the frame rails, my car is green and i brought him a red frame rail. its only obvious that you would paint the red frame rail green before you weld it on. he welded it on and then painted what he could. when i went to pick my car up, i was pissed that i could see red when i opened my hood. i'm gonna have to go in there with a small touch up paint pen and paint all the visible red. his exuce for this was "if i was selling the car, i would not try to hide that it was involved in an accident"

ahhhh what a stupid excuse for a mistake.
Old 04-03-2005, 01:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Oh buddy I am so sorry for you, but you still have air in the lines.

If you ever need a body shop again in Seattle try these guys. I Use Commet Auto body on Lake City Way. Been there since 1957. Ray is like 80 and still working in the shop. Been sending people there 24 years, never a complaint.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Does this guy work for a local shop?
Old 07-31-2015, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Contact Information please!

Hello

Sorry to hear about your experience! I'm trying to contact Conrad Spens.

Do you have the information on how I can connect?

Thank you

kalanidaudi
Old 07-31-2015, 01:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kalanidaudi
Hello Sorry to hear about your experience! I'm trying to contact Conrad Spens.
Do you have the information on how I can connect? Thank you. kalanidaudi
You do realize that this is a 10 year old thread from 2005 right? Personally I have no idea who Conrad Spens is and I have been on this forum since the beginning. Even if I did know, 10 years is 10 years. Bottomline: Pressure bleeding is one of the best ways to bleed the brakes on an UrS4/S6 and since the clutch system uses the same brake fluid, it needs to be bled as well.