Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

New guy's build thread and questions inside

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy's build thread and questions inside

Hello everyone!

So I am the recent owner of a 1994 S4. I am a racer by blood, so getting something to go fast was my goal. Reading a lot, the AAN can help me in that encounter.

I bought the car with it needing a bottom end rebuild. Turning over the starter, you can hear a knock on the bottom end. So I went into this knowing it needs at least rods and maybe a crank. I have a source for a good used crank if that is the issue.

MY goal? Sky is the limit. This years objective is to rebuild the bottom end to handle what ever I do to the top end.

I am thinking JE pistons and DMForge I-beams. I do NOT want to build a stroker, so that can stop there. Any insights on this setup? Who has good rod and crank bearings?

For valve springs. Is Ferrea all there is? What are stock specs?

Best place to get a gasket set?

And that will be all for this year. Next year I plan on pushing the envelope with bigger turbo, injectors, and tuning. I have a Bosch 044 (I think. Have to check again. Submersible pump that fed a TT 302 Ford Mustang) sitting on my bench for fueling.

How big of a turbo? S362SXE since I have friends who are Borg resellers. Goal is an eventual 600hp.

Lofty but not out of the realm of reality. The intake and exhaust will be built by myself with SS and tig welded.

I look forward to the flames, especially from URS4Boy.

Thanks!
Jon

PS, don't mind the mess. I just picked the car up 24 hours ago.

Old 02-07-2016, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Strongly suggest that you join Motorgeek and post your build there. You'll get way more help over there than here.

BTW: That baby blue two-tone colour scheme is completely non-stock. Was a girl's car, daughter of a well-known UrS owner.
Old 02-07-2016, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UrS4boy
Strongly suggest that you join Motorgeek and post your build there. You'll get way more help over there than here.

BTW: That baby blue two-tone colour scheme is completely non-stock. Was a girl's car, daughter of a well-known UrS owner.
You have a PM