Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

anti-theft

Old 10-14-2013, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anti-theft

Hi Guys,

last night I get out of the car and I tried locking it, and it wasn't locking, I'm talking about the automatic all doors locking/trunk/gas door, there was no beep either. I noticed that the interior light flashed every time i tried locking it. also after reading the light emitting diode in the rear defrost button flashes every time you try to lock or unlock.

Now this is okay now till I want to fill up with gas cause the door is locked as well. Has anyone ever dealt with that before? what are my options, any bit of info will help

Thanks
Old 10-14-2013, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There is fuel door release on the inside of the trunk, behind the right rear trunk lining. Flashlight is needed.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default thanks dave

I found that,

is there a way to trouble shoot? the anti-theft that is?
would disconnecting the battery reset the anti-theft?

thanks
Old 10-14-2013, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by sanadrustom
is there a way to trouble shoot? the anti-theft that is? would disconnecting the battery reset the anti-theft? thanks
This is primarily a North America-based forum. Our NAmerica spec UrS4/S6s did not come with the factory immobilizer. As a result, personally I know very little about them. I know there is a sensing loop of some form around the ignition switch and the ECU is going to be 551C or later:

551A early UrS4 with pseudo dizzy and 8k boost chip
551AA UrS4 non-immo, Europe and America
551B UrS4 same as 551AA, but auto
551C UrS6 incorporates all software updates from RS2, different codebase, more diagnostics
551D UrS6 same as 551C but auto (see photos at the end of this post)
551E UrS6 has a small tweak to fuel on cold start
551F UrS6 same as 551E but auto.

If it the immobilizer is after-market, you are on your own.

Try this:

Lock door with key
Unlock with remote
Try starting the engine.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

hey guys,

still having issues with my central locking, here is the scoop...
the car came with two sets of keys, two for locking/unlocking the doors and 2 for the ignition. so that got me thinking could the keys that lock and unlock the doors lost their programming? are they programmable in the first place? if so how does one go about programming the keys that lock and unlock if the ignition keys are different?

this is driving me crazy because the red LED on the rear fog light keeps flashing and I cant stand it any more...i'm at a loss and ready to give up completely and just sell the car (I know stupid reason to sell) but I just cant take it any more. not sure if the pump is dead or if there is a vac leak on the door locks? id take any bit of advise that anyone is willing to offer, its a very strange thing that happened and not sure where to go from here

thanks in advance
Old 10-28-2013, 08:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

I think there are some directions in the manual about programming a remote. Something like turn 1 key in the ignition with the door open while you do something else....

Let me know if you don't have a manual and I'll try and copy mine for you tomorrow.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default copy would be awesome!

thanks goheels,

sadly previous owner didn't save the manual, if you have a copy of the process that would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Old 11-01-2013, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Programming RF Central Locking Remote

This is from another source

"================================================= =====
Here's how to get all the remotes to lock and unlock the doors. Which key goes where does not matter, since we're reprogramming the remotes, not the keys (keys are not programmable, anyway). There is no correlation between key and remote, except for the prestige <g> of having the lighted key.

You will need:
* All radio frequency remotes, with good batteries. Simplest is to replace the batteries with new ones. I used Duracell DL2032.
* Two keys. Coincidentally, the lighted key uses one 625 watch/camera battery, and bulb p/n N 902 625 01.
------------------------------------------------------
1) Put one key in the ignition, and turn to "On", dash lights lit, but car not running. Get out and close the driver's door. Might not be a bad idea to roll down the driver's window, to ensure you don't lock yourself out (you can't really, but it does give some peace of mind)!

2) Put the other key in the driver's door lock.

3) Lock the car with the key in the driver's door.

4) Press both buttons on the first remote until car unlocks. This should take about 5 seconds.

5) Set the remote aside, and select the next remote.

Note: Do NOT turn the ignition off between remotes.

6) Lock the car again with the key in the driver's door.

7) Press both buttons on the next remote until car unlocks.

8) If you have more than two remotes, repeat 6) and 7) with each succeeding remote until done.

9) Turn the ignition off and remove the key.

The remotes should now all work. They should each lock and unlock the car.

================================================== ====
Here's how to get the remotes to invoke the appropriate stored seat memory position.

You will need:
* All radio frequency remotes, as above.
* Seat memory buttons programmed to desired settings.
------------------------------------------------------

10) Select the remote you want to invoke seat memory position one.

11) With the ignition off, open the driver's door, and leave it open.

12) Press seat memory button one, and wait for the seat and mirror to move to the stored position.

13) With the driver's door still open, lock the car by pressing the lock button on the remote. The car will lock, except for the driver's door.

14) Press and hold the seat memory button one.

15) Press and release the unlock button on the remote.

16) When the car unlocks, release seat memory button one. The first remote is now programmed to both lock and unlock, and to invoke seat memory position one. Set it aside as completed.

17) Repeat 12) through 16), using the appropriate seat memory button, until you've programmed each of your remotes.

You have completed programming all your radio frequency remotes to invoke the appropriate seat memory position.

================================================== ====
You can test success as follows:

18) Close the driver's door. Lock the car using remote one. The car should lock.

19) Unlock car using remote one. The car should unlock.

20) Open the door. The seat and driver's door rearview should move to memory position one.

21) Repeat 18), 19) and 20) with each succeeding remote."
Old 11-01-2013, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default C4 100/UrS4 Infrared Remote Key - Batteries and Reprogramming

Batteries (4) are Engerizer 386/301, oriented as shown in the photo below.

Reprogramming the key, if/when required, involves have one key in the ignition, turned to ON/RUN (but not START) while the second key is used to manually lock and unlock the drivers door lock. If the car has been sitting for some time or you have to change the batteries, getting the remote to work again just requires that you lock and unlock the door manually once and then the key remote will "work" again. (The IR remote has a very limited range and is intereferred with by bright sunlight and fluorescent lights (e.g. in a parking garage). HTH

Sometimes the issue isn't batteries but the little Item 29 infra red bulb: