Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

new rebuilt J hose

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 11:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new rebuilt J hose

Just wanted to post my experience with a local company rebuilding my brake boost line aka power steering line to bomb, aka J hose as we all know it. the part number for this hose is 4a0 612 065 and it is no longer available from audi. there are literally 0 hoses stocked in any audi dealer. the cost if they had one would be ~$480.

i don't want this to seem like an advertisement. but because i was considering sending it off to house of hose (HOH) in Washington to rebuild, as seen in multiple threads, and since I live on Long island, NY, there's a company called Moreland Hose(you can google their info, i don't want to post links) who will rebuild. the cost was $75 and they'll do it as you wait! they maintained the perfect orientation of the banjo fittings, and everything installed perfectly.

Old 09-04-2014, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thank you for sharing. It's good to have an alternative.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yep, nice to have an east coast option.

Wonder what HoH charges.... Tom/scarman?
Old 03-01-2019, 09:53 AM
JLW
Audiworld Junior Member

Do you happen to remember what they called the thicker portion of it covered with foam? I'm looking to replace mine and was going to call around to some local both shops and see if they could do the same.. I've heard it called the silencer in the past but not sure if that's what it's referred to in the hose business.. thanks

Originally Posted by errolmenendez
Just wanted to post my experience with a local company rebuilding my brake boost line aka power steering line to bomb, aka J hose as we all know it. the part number for this hose is 4a0 612 065 and it is no longer available from audi. there are literally 0 hoses stocked in any audi dealer. the cost if they had one would be ~$480.

i don't want this to seem like an advertisement. but because i was considering sending it off to house of hose (HOH) in Washington to rebuild, as seen in multiple threads, and since I live on Long island, NY, there's a company called Moreland Hose(you can google their info, i don't want to post links) who will rebuild. the cost was $75 and they'll do it as you wait! they maintained the perfect orientation of the banjo fittings, and everything installed perfectly.