Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

starting problems s2

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 10:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starting problems s2

Hello my name is sebastian and i just bought a s2 and im having som troubles.

I drove the car to my garage and turn it of. the day after the car wont start.

the fuel pump dont start when ignition is turned on, but it works men cranking the engine.

i got spark and fuel preassure.
but the injectors wont open.

If i remove the injectors and crank the engine they only shower 1 time then it´s over.

the car starts för about 1-3sec then dies.

do you now the fault?

I got carguard 850s alarm in the car. maybe its the problem?

regards sebastian sweden
Old 07-24-2013, 10:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jakeger
Hello my name is sebastian and i just bought a s2 and im having som troubles. I drove the car to my garage and turn it of. the day after the car wont start. The fuel pump dont start when ignition is turned on, but it works men cranking the engine. i got spark and fuel preassure. but the injectors wont open. If i remove the injectors and crank the engine they only shower 1 time then it´s over. the car starts för about 1-3sec then dies. do you now the fault? I got carguard 850s alarm in the car. maybe its the problem? regards sebastian sweden
Sebastian: Check your private mail here for a suggestion that is not included in my answer below:

Sebastian: It might be your fuel pump is dead/dieing. You don't say whether you have a ABY or 3B, not that it matters very much. I know for sure that with the ABY, the fuel pump is not energized via ECU pin T55/3 until the ECU senses the engine being cranked at more than 13 RPM via a signal from the G28 engine speed sensor, i.e. if you have a weak battery the car will not start because the cranking speed might be too low. If the battery is good, then the J17 fuel pump relay should be energized. This provides power to the injectors, etc. The injectors are always powered with the ignition on BUT they are not opened until the ECU decides to take the power to ground, through the ECU. If you have an immobilizer system, it might be causing the problem.

In the mean time, click on the link below and then on the labels on the diagram for the G6 Fuel pump, the J17 Fuel pump relay, the injectors, etc. (all of the labels are hot links):

http://members.shaw.ca/speedtek/UrS%...ice%20Map.html

This ECU wiring diagram (for an AAN but will be similar to the ABY) shows how the wiring to the injectors and fuel pump relay to the J17 fuel pump relay.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Potential Reasons why your AAN/ABY/ADU won't start

Originally Posted by jakeger
Hello my name is sebastian and i just bought a s2 and im having som troubles. regards sebastian sweden
In addition to figuring out whether your aftermarket car alarm has an immobilizer built in and that it is working too hard, you might want to read through this thread about potential reasons why an AAN won't start (applies to the ABY and ADU as well):

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2835830
Old 07-25-2013, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by UrS4boy
In addition to figuring out whether your aftermarket car alarm has an immobilizer built in and that it is working too hard, you might want to read through this thread about potential reasons why an AAN won't start (applies to the ABY and ADU as well):

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2835830
The alarm is now removed. And i change the box 3 times. Change fuel pump but it doesnt start. Its starts for 2 sek then dies.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

The 3B S2's J17 Fuel Pump relay is the grey 208 relay beside the spare fuses in these photos:

Old 07-25-2013, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by UrS4boy
The 3B S2's J17 Fuel Pump relay is the grey 208 relay beside the spare fuses in these photos:

My fuse box doesnt look like that, but the same as on your picture i have "holding" so it´s starts, i can hear the pump start then but i the car wont start. yeah im going to try s2 forum.