Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 A4 Sirius Radio Connectivity problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 A4 Sirius Radio Connectivity problems

I now have a 2010 loaded A4 including Bang Olufsen, previously had a 2008 loaded A4.

Both have(had) the same issue below.

Intermittent Sirius radio loss while driving down the same stretches of road or freeway, not going under overpasses and not going into tunnels.

These radio losses range from 2 to up to 10 seconds. When the radio goes down, the on screen also loses the info on what is being played.

Going on the same stretches of road, at the same times of the day, I have tested 3 other vehicles with Sirius, a Ford Cmax, BMW 135, and a Chev.

I have even had someone drive right next to me at the same exact time, and while my A4 loses signal, the other car didnt.

I have taken it in to Rusnak Audi on several occasions, and they insist it isnt the car, it is Sirius, I call Sirius and they insist the opposite.

Logic to me has it, it is the Audi or how Audi installed the Antenna????

Anyone???? Thank you
Old 10-22-2014, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by socalif
I now have a 2010 loaded A4 including Bang Olufsen, previously had a 2008 loaded A4.

Both have(had) the same issue below.

Intermittent Sirius radio loss while driving down the same stretches of road or freeway, not going under overpasses and not going into tunnels.

These radio losses range from 2 to up to 10 seconds. When the radio goes down, the on screen also loses the info on what is being played.

Going on the same stretches of road, at the same times of the day, I have tested 3 other vehicles with Sirius, a Ford Cmax, BMW 135, and a Chev.

I have even had someone drive right next to me at the same exact time, and while my A4 loses signal, the other car didnt.

I have taken it in to Rusnak Audi on several occasions, and they insist it isnt the car, it is Sirius, I call Sirius and they insist the opposite.

Logic to me has it, it is the Audi or how Audi installed the Antenna????

Anyone???? Thank you
A long time ago Audi was the only car mfr who installed both XM or Sirius. It allowed people to test them both. Sirius was terrible in the performance arena. Seems that their satellites were not in geosynchronous orbit (like XM) and hence one sat would be going over the horizon as another was coming into play. I think that is the issue.

Though they merged with XM the technology is such that they only share programming not the sats or anything else.

a google search on the differences can explain more: 12 Easy Steps To Choose Between Sirius And XM Radio

Sirius vs. XM - HowStuffWorks

Last edited by Reggie; 10-22-2014 at 04:31 PM.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you, but that really doesnt explain why a 2010 (which is years after my 2008 with the same problem), doesnt work.

Especially considering all vehicles I compared the 2010 Audi to, all had Sirius, not XM. So they are equivalent comparisons.

As explained, I even had someone drive right next to me on the same road, at the same time, and the Audi suffers continued signal loss, and the Ford, GM, and BMW didnt have the long signal losses.
Old 01-15-2015, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Further on to this 2010 issues

Thank you, but that really doesnt explain why a 2010 (which is years after my 2008 with the same problem), doesnt work.

Especially considering all vehicles I compared the 2010 Audi to, all had Sirius, not XM. So they are equivalent comparisons.

As explained, I even had someone drive right next to me on the same road, at the same time, and the Audi suffers continued signal loss, and the Ford, GM, and BMW didnt have the long signal losses.

Now on my 2010, where I drive a 48 mile commute, taking the 118 to the 5, to the 170 freeways, there are basically no bridges to go under for more than 1 second if at all.

I have now taken my Audi into another dealer, DCH Audi Oxnard, while in communication with Audi corporate, and they did further testing (a test drive in Ventura for a couple miles) and they removed the headliner to see if it has the most recent antenna.

Audi corporate calls and claim it does.

Well while my wife was sitting waiting for the car a day ago, in service, she overheard the manager and technician say the only thing they can think of is replacing the radio.

And that they removed the headliner and took pictures to send in to see if it is up to date. Audi corp just called and says it is all up to date and there is nothing they can do. And that the signal loss is only intermittent and there must be obstructions blocking the signals.

I explained that on three other cars, a Pontiac, a Ford, a BMW, NONE of them on the same exact route, at the same exact time of day, lose signal at all, so how can it be the Audi loses a signal.

She says, well the Audi is up to specs and cant be duplicated.

WELL since the technicians DO NOT and HAVE NOT taken the same route as me, I videod and have sent 5 VIDEOS that show the route, show that there are no obstructions, and during the route, I show and you can hear the signal fading out for 3-10 seconds at a time.

She states it is working properly......

LOGICALLY speaking, I really think Audi Corporation doesnt give a damn about their quality OR about their customers.

If I could afford to sell this at a break even and dump this "piece of ****", I would in a second............

"""stay away from AUDI"""

----------so far this is one-------------
mike from Audi

877-615-2834

x43379

--------------and here is more----------------

April Poulson

Regional Case Expert, Audi CXC

Audi of America, Inc.

Customer Experience

3800 Hamlin Road

Auburn Hills, MI 48326

United States of America

Tel. +1 248 754-3614

Fax. +1 248 754 6521

mailto:april.poulson@audi.com

Audi USA | This is Truth in Engineering.
Old 01-15-2015, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Now on my 2010, where I drive a 48 mile commute, taking the 118 to the 5, to the 170 freeways, there are basically no bridges to go under for more than 1 second if at all.

I have now taken my Audi into another dealer, DCH Audi Oxnard, while in communication with Audi corporate, and they did further testing (a test drive in Ventura for a couple miles) and they removed the headliner to see if it has the most recent antenna.

Well while my wife was sitting waiting for the car a day ago, in service, she overheard the manager and technician say the only thing they can think of is replacing the radio.

And that they removed the headliner and took pictures to send in to see if it is up to date. Audi corp just called and says it is all up to date and there is nothing they can do. And that the signal loss is only intermittent and there must be obstructions blocking the signals.

I explained that on three other cars, a Pontiac, a Ford, a BMW, NONE of them on the same exact route, at the same exact time of day, lose signal at all, so how can it be the Audi loses a signal.

WELL since the technicians DO NOT and HAVE NOT taken the same route as me, I videod and have sent 5 VIDEOS that show the route, show that there are no obstructions, and during the route, I show and you can hear the signal fading out for 3-10 seconds at a time.

LOGICALLY speaking, I really think Audi Corporation doesnt give a damn about their quality OR about their customers.

If I could afford to sell this at a break even and dump this "piece of ****", I would in a second............

mike from Audi

877-615-2834

x43379

April Poulson

Audi of America, Inc.

Customer Experience

3800 Hamlin Road

Auburn Hills, MI 48326

United States of America

Tel. +1 248 754-3614

Fax. +1 248 754 6521

Audi USA | This is Truth in Engineering.
Old 01-15-2015, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

mike from Audi

877-615-2834

x43379

April Poulson

Audi of America, Inc.

Customer Experience

3800 Hamlin Road

Auburn Hills, MI 48326

United States of America

Tel. +1 248 754-3614

Fax. +1 248 754 6521

www.audiusa.com
Old 10-19-2015, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I just purchased an Audi Q5 Hybrid (2016). This is my first Audi. My previous car was a Mercedes and my husband drives a Mercedes. The Audi definitely has a Sirius reception or signal problem. When I am in the pickup area at the Metro, which is partially covered, I get no signal. It is frustrating to be in the car waiting to pick up someone with no Sirius reception. With our Mercedes cars this is not a problem. When I called Audi they said there is nothing they can do except check the antenna. I have them checking but from the previous posts there is probably nothing wrong with the antenna. The service guy told me it was normal to lose the sign under partially covered areas. Maybe "normal" but not the case with Mercedes. You would think Audi would address this issue since Audi is not supposed to be a "normal" car but a luxury car. Very frustrating that there is no fix for this problem.
Old 10-19-2015, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default still happening more than ever

To jlr1000

even after 10+ emails to corporate offices, corporate management, they will NOT do anything, and claim it is Sirius and/or XM

even though Ford, GM, BMW, and Mercedes do not suffer the same signal loss, at the same time of day, on the same stretch of road, on the same station, at the same EXACT time.

Very sad, and NO MORE Audi's for me or my family or friends, since I get NO HELP, I have already stopped 7 purchases of new Audi's, which I am very happy to say.

If this gets resolved, I will curtail a bit, but until then, BUYERS BEWARE of Audi and the parent company Volkswagen, especially considering other revelations....................

Originally Posted by jlr1000
I just purchased an Audi Q5 Hybrid (2016). This is my first Audi. My previous car was a Mercedes and my husband drives a Mercedes. The Audi definitely has a Sirius reception or signal problem. When I am in the pickup area at the Metro, which is partially covered, I get no signal. It is frustrating to be in the car waiting to pick up someone with no Sirius reception. With our Mercedes cars this is not a problem. When I called Audi they said there is nothing they can do except check the antenna. I have them checking but from the previous posts there is probably nothing wrong with the antenna. The service guy told me it was normal to lose the sign under partially covered areas. Maybe "normal" but not the case with Mercedes. You would think Audi would address this issue since Audi is not supposed to be a "normal" car but a luxury car. Very frustrating that there is no fix for this problem.
Old 10-22-2015, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have the similar problem in my Audi 2010 A6. If I go down a road with some trees on the S side of the road, the Sirius cuts out. My Honda, which has XM never does. I don't have the problem on the open road, just when there is a slight obstruction S of me.

I had a VW Jetta that had sirius, I never recall it cutting out either. Since obviously the satellite signal isn't going to change the exact moment I pass down the same section of road, I think it's the Audi system. Maybe the antenna isn't as sensitive?
Old 10-22-2015, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi a4 sirius radio signal loss

So as more and more people chime in and state they have the same problem, I wonder if #Audi will finally admit they have a problem

#Audi please fix this or buy the car back

To jlr1000

even after 10+ emails to corporate offices, corporate management, they will NOT do anything, and claim it is Sirius and/or XM

even though Ford, GM, BMW, and Mercedes do not suffer the same signal loss, at the same time of day, on the same stretch of road, on the same station, at the same EXACT time.

Very sad, and NO MORE Audi's for me or my family or friends, since I get NO HELP, I have already stopped 7 purchases of new Audi's, which I am very happy to say.

If this gets resolved, I will curtail a bit, but until then, BUYERS BEWARE of Audi and the parent company Volkswagen, especially considering other revelations....................

Quick Reply: 2010 A4 Sirius Radio Connectivity problems