Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 MMI Iphone 4s connection issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A4 MMI Iphone 4s connection issues

Hi folks, hoping you can help. I have a 2010 Audi A4 and having bought it I connected my old Iphone 4s to it and used it as a hard drive for my music on the MMI. This worked fine up until I upgraded the phones firmware to 9.1 and now the MMI tells me there isn't anything connected. I have tried my sons Iphone and Ipod (both on older IOS firmwares) and both work fine so the cable is in order.
Is there a way to update the MMI firmware (cost effectively, or free and easy) hoping that this might be the issue whilst I try to reverse the update on my iphone and see if that's the issue
Old 11-13-2015, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

What version of MMI do you have in it? What software version? I'm assuming you are connecting via the AMI in the glovebox? There are ways to upgrade the MMI version that don't involve a dealer visit, that are pretty easy. Depends on how adventurous you are.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by iaflyer
What version of MMI do you have in it? What software version? I'm assuming you are connecting via the AMI in the glovebox? There are ways to upgrade the MMI version that don't involve a dealer visit, that are pretty easy. Depends on how adventurous you are.
Hi iaflyer, appreciate the reply, I am willing to have a go to see if I can get it working. I am connecting at the moment through the AMI in the glovebox via the ami to 30pin cable connector to the iPhone 4s (iOS 9.2, which I cannot downgrade) I have a new cable coming in this week but I suspect it is a software clash with the new phone upgrade.
If I can upgrade the MMI that may make a difference alternatively there is a Bluetooth adapter on Amazon from 'Eximtrade' which appears similar to ViseeO (but much cheaper) I've been looking around for MMI Upgrades but have been unsuccessful so far due to limited knowledge in what one to try
Old 11-13-2015, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

If you haven't already done so, things to try in the following order:

1. Reboot the MMI with phone connected to the AMI and car on (simultaneously press setup button (or menu)+center selector+upper right function button) for a couple of seconds

2. Do a hard reboot on the iPhone while connected with the AMI with the car on (don't just turn the phone off - press the top button and the center button and hold until you see the Apple symbol

Last edited by snagitseven; 11-13-2015 at 04:25 PM.