Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding new components HELP PLEASE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 04:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding new components HELP PLEASE!!!

Sorry for long post but thanks in advance!! Here goes:

I have a 2005 a8 w12 with rse entertainment and i want to get the video from the seats to the front mmi screen with sound in factory speakers. Also I want to install oem reverse camera and add xm and Ami(aux/iphone). Ive seen individual post on all topics but can't seem to put the connections together in my head.
This is what i have purchased so far:

Analog tv tuner(4E0919146A) to route rse to mmi(audio and video)
Reverse camera control(4E0910441)
Canbus/gateway module(4L0907468C)ACC/Reverse camera/Cruise control
Park assist module(4E0919283C)
MMI control module with fakra connector(4E0035729A)
XM Module (4E0035593A)

Question I need help with/answers?
1. How do connect all this together. From what into what.(There is only one input going to MMI)
1a. Is there a way to split rvc signal and tv tuner to only activate rvc when put in reverse?

2. Ive heard about component protection. Since I'm adding a lot do I install all together or in stages .Which components first? If i do get component protection how do i get rid of it?

3. Does wiring have to be made for these connections or where can i buy.(Whats part or model#)

4. Last silly questions. Where does ami cable plug into MMI controller or CD changer. I want aux in and iPhone charging cable. Does this effect what I'm trying to do or is it plug and play.
Old 10-03-2015, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Here's what I know about Audi OEM reverse camera on a 2010 A6: The Reverse Camera control (goes in the trunk) takes the inputs and forwards it to MMI via a pair of cables (one for the CAN bus and one for the video). The Rear View Camera should only activate when it goes in reverse - in some cars it gets the power from the reverse light, others it seems that the MMI knows you are going in reverse and turns on the signal. Not sure about your car.

All the other connections are in the side of the trunk. On my car the satellite radio receiver goes in the trunk by the wheel well as well. Do you have an antenna connection for it? How about the antenna?

As for Question 3) I was able to find a wiring harness for my situation here: https://www.kufatec.us/shop/en/audi/...i-a6-4f-mmi-3g and it came with directions too. For the A6 you can buy all the parts you need, I was able to get them from other locations cheaper.
Old 10-04-2015, 04:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the reply...yes my car was pre-wired for xm or sat so i just needed to add module and redirect a wire. I have visited the Kufatec site and found a couple of harnesses i need but still can't figure how i get tuner fbas and rvc fbas into one mmi fbas.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

The Reverse Camera Control unit has inputs for the RVC and the TV Tuner, then an output to the MMI. I don't know how the Camera control unit works, but I assume it figures out when to send the tuner and when to send the rear view camera.
Old 10-21-2015, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Look at this image (not mind, grabbed from another thread about rear cameras)

Name:  cam_module_a1b0427681611127eb4da6498e6764d8549a25a6.jpg
Views: 804
Size:  65.8 KB[/URL]
Old 02-18-2016, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by iaflyer
Look at this image (not mind, grabbed from another thread about rear cameras)

[/URL]
Not to thread-jack but I am trying find out....where exactly is this module located in a 2009 A8? I can't seem to locate mine inside the left or right compartments of the trunk.
Old 02-20-2016, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

That is the camera control module. In the C6 A6, it is in the right part of trunk.

Regarding the original questions, I have not completed but am in works for A6.
1 see the pic. TV goes to camera module, camera plugs into module and module connects to head unit.

2 for component proection, the head unit and the gateway will likely get hit with CP. the head unit just will have no sound, but the gateway impacts the climate control and instrument cluster in my car, both don't work. I, and you, have to take the car to a dealer and have them remove CP. If dealer is unwilling because you got the components yourself and not through them, try this list
https://www.audiusa.com/content/dam/...Facilities.pdf

The wiring is pretty straight forward for the A6 for the reverse camera control module:
Pin-out for the Reversing camera control unit

Pin 39 CAN BUS Low (Convenience) - This could be connected to pin A7 on the parking aid control unit Wire colour Orange/Brown
Pin 40 CAN BUS HIGH (Convenience) - This could be connected to pin A14 on the parking aid control unit Wire colour Orange/Green
Pin 43 Terminal 30 - To Fuse box
Pin 44 Terminal 31 - Chassis ground
Pin 47 Terminal 31 to camera - To Camera pin 2
Pin 48 Reversing camera power supply - To Camera pin 1

You need the proper 56 pin connector if it didn't come with the module.
You also need a 5a fuse to tap into the trunk fuses for power, and a repair wire with the correct end to go into the fuse - i don't have the part # handy.
You need 3 repair wires (6 ends) with the ends that go into the 56 pin connector too. I had a bunch of these that came in the adpater that was plugged into the used gateway I bought.

I am planning on using some 3 wire tap splices to get into the 2 can-bus lines i need to.
And then lastly you need to run two wires from the camera itself to the camera control module (in addition to the fakra - video cable of course)
You can buy the entire harness as posted above but for the cost of 1 adpater and some repair wires I am doing it myself.

And i just realized this is quite an old thread, hopefully my response is useful for someone.

Re question 4 - the ami, which is in my basement and not in my car yet, is like an add-on to the loop. Right now the MOST connection is a giant cirlce, so you have an in and an out to the cd player. You add the ami after the cd player and then connect ami to the out which goes onto the next MOST piece. I forget off hand but in the ami manual there is a way to tell the in vs the out - maybe an arrow?