Sponsored by:

AMI - no power output to iphone AMI interface cable

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMI - no power output to iphone AMI interface cable

Hello,

I'm hoping someone here can help me figure this out. I just purchased a 2011 Q5 premium. It has the standard "AMI" Concert audio system (no Nav, single disc changer)

I have the iphone cable (part# 4F0 051 510K) plugged into the AMI box in the glove compartment. I first connected it to one of a CoolStream Bluetooth adapter, but the blue light doesn't come on...no power at all. Thinking the bluetooth adapter might be the problem, I then connected it to an iPhone 4S. No power is going to the iPhone either (I would expect the "charging" symbol to show up on the iPhone). In the "sources" menu in the media system, it says nothing connected for the AMI. I can play CDs, but the AMI isn't showing any source connected (which isn't surprising since there is no power coming from the cable).

I then checked the fuse for "MMI", which is in position three, brown fuse block, passenger side. The fuse looks perfect.

Is there some other way to see if the AMI box is even connected? The car had some service work done recently and I'm wondering if the sop disconnected the AMI system and maybe forgot to re-connect it.

Do any of you have other ideas & trouble shooting tips? I sincerely appreciate any tips and/or ideas. Thanks!!
Old 07-01-2016, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

bump. Does anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this? It would be immensely appreciated. Thanks!
Old 07-01-2016, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Some of this may help, particularly the AMI cable compatibility section,

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...rized-2840907/

You also might have a bad cable if it's the right one to begin with.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Update for anyone who might come across this in the future. Turns out the issue was indeed the AMI cable itself (even though outwardly it looked fine - no bent pins or anything). I found a different one and it worked just fine. Apparently those cables are easy to damage.

Thanks for everyone's ideas posted here
Old 07-07-2016, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Wayne Butler
Update for anyone who might come across this in the future. Turns out the issue was indeed the AMI cable itself (even though outwardly it looked fine - no bent pins or anything). I found a different one and it worked just fine. Apparently those cables are easy to damage.

Thanks for everyone's ideas posted here
Great. An easy fix.