Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi MMI 3G+ (2014MY) - SD Card & Jukebox - Directory & File Formats

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 11:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi MMI 3G+ (2014MY) - SD Card & Jukebox - Directory & File Formats

Before taking delivery of a 2014MY A4 SE Technik with a B&O sound system I wanted to prepare my music library in advance, but found that much information on the web is out-of-date or just incorrect.

I wanted to store my music on SD cards and in the Jukebox, or perhaps later on an external USB mass storage device. I was not interested in using an iPod, iPhone etc. I also wanted to prepare the music using a Windows PC.

After much research and experimentation I have produced a document to help other users of the Audi 3G+ MMI system to create music libraries, with full display of MP3 ID3 tag information, including album artwork, and to create user Playlists. The document can be downloaded from HERE or HERE.

The sound quality from the MMI/B&O system is excellent and users should use an MP3 bitrate of not less than 160kbps. I have used 192kbps for popular music and 256kbps for classical music.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by JefUK
Before taking delivery of a 2014MY A4 SE Technik with a B&O sound system I wanted to prepare my music library in advance, but found that much information on the web is out-of-date or just incorrect.

I wanted to store my music on SD cards and in the Jukebox, or perhaps later on an external USB mass storage device. I was not interested in using an iPod, iPhone etc. I also wanted to prepare the music using a Windows PC.

After much research and experimentation I have produced a document to help other users of the Audi 3G+ MMI system to create music libraries, with full display of MP3 ID3 tag information, including album artwork, and to create user Playlists. The document can be downloaded from HERE or HERE.

The sound quality from the MMI/B&O system is excellent and users should use an MP3 bitrate of not less than 160kbps. I have used 192kbps for popular music and 256kbps for classical music.
Hi
Wonder if I can get some help in this as I have not seen it elsewhere nor on you excellent pictures (thanks for the walkthrough)
My playlists plays just fine but I have 2 of each? One that contains the songs and one duplicate which gives me an error ("theres no media .." or something) Is this something you have seen?
What do I miss here?
Thanks for the help
//Fisk
Old 07-09-2014, 06:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi, this sounds as though the paths are wrong or corrupt. Send me the playlist files and I will have a look at them.

I will send e-mail address in private message.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

To clarify:

The playlists look OK in my computer and on the SD card but once I get them to my car
they are "duplicated". One says
._Playlist_heavymetal and the other just Playlist_heavymetal
The first of these two is "no data" and the other one is the correct and fully playable one

What's with the "._" in front of the first one? hmmmm....
Old 07-11-2014, 02:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

After looking at your playlists the problem is with the line delimeter. MMI expects the delimeter to be CF+LF and not just LF or CR.

See my private message for corrected Playlists
Old 07-13-2014, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by JefUK
After looking at your playlists the problem is with the line delimeter. MMI expects the delimeter to be CF+LF and not just LF or CR.

See my private message for corrected Playlists
Thank you Very much
It solved my problem ;-)
Fisk
Old 07-27-2014, 02:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Update to original post & document

Update to original post and document:-

I wanted to store my music on SD cards and in the Jukebox, or perhaps later on an external USB mass storage device. I was not interested in using an iPod, iPhone etc. I also wanted to prepare the music using a Windows PC (note: for Macs the process is different)

After much research and experimentation I have produced a document to help other users of the Audi 3G+ MMI system to create music libraries, with full display of MP3 ID3 tag information, including album artwork, and to create user Playlists. The document can be downloaded from HERE.

Old 08-31-2014, 03:25 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Document update

Document Update
Old 12-14-2015, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, now that a document that should be in the owners manual. Very comprehensive.

So I'm still looking at all of the options besides the SD Cards and Jukebox. Some things I've figured out:

- Bluetooth works, but it's limited. You can stream off your iPhone via Bluetooth from the music library or fire up something like Pandora. Works fine, but you'll have to control it from the phone as far as picking albums, playlists, etc.

- WiFi works much better but you'll need the Audi MMI Connect app installed on your iPhone. Once it's installed, you can stream directly out of your iPhone music library to the MMI. You'll have full control of albums, artists, playlists, etc.