Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth via Dension module?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth via Dension module?

Hello all - I recently picked up a 2005.5 (B7) A4 that still had the stock Symphony II stereo in it; I wanted to add Bluetooth, so I replaced the stereo with a nice Kenwood double-din unit as well as the PAC boxes to continue using the steering wheel controls.

Unfortunately, it turns out that this type of installation cause the the top section of the data display (in the instrument cluster) to go dark, and it's a known issue with no resolution (at least, according to Crutchfield). This is unfortunate because not only do I like seeing the radio data there, but I was also expecting to see the phone information (caller ID, name of the caller if in my phone book, etc.) displayed.

I did a bit of web research and found a company called Dension which makes a module that uses the CD changer interface on the Symphony II radio to add Bluetooth, a USB input and a 3.5mm input to it. Has anyone used a Dension product this way (specifically, to add BT to a Symphony II radio)before? If so, any thoughts as to it's performance and/or the company itself? I've never heard of them, but I am not in the car stereo game so no surprise there...

Thanks in advance, M