Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dead radio. Checked the fuses, everythings ok but no power to Radio.

Old 01-29-2017, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Make Sure Radio Face Isn't Detached

I just had the issue with my stereo not powering up after removing it to add on a bluetooth adapter. I have a Symphony II in my 06 a4 quattro and found it unresponsive after pulling it out. Naturally I checked through all the forums I could find and tried removing/replacing the fuses and even disconnected the battery for a while in hopes that it would power back up. I spent nearly 4 hours searching for a solution trying every combination imaginable because I have the radio code for my unit and refused to go to the dealer for them to charge out the butt for a solution.

Well once I finally gave up, I started putting everything back and noticed that the face plate on my stereo wasn't flush from side to side. After pulling the unit back out to firmly press the face plate flush again power was fully restored! For my situation I knew my unit was receiving power as it was cycling through when I would pop the fuse back in, it just wouldn't turn on or show any display. Turns out that when I was pulling the unit out using the keys, once I got it un-hitched, I grabbed the unit with my hands from the top and bottom and pulled with force to get it out. Apparently I pulled with a little too much force and separated the face of the stereo from it's body and that was all it took. Long story short, be careful when using the keys to pull the unit out. I know this is an old thread, but hopefully it will help the next guy that comes across this situation.
Old 05-02-2020, 07:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CAL_08
I just had the issue with my stereo not powering up after removing it to add on a bluetooth adapter. I have a Symphony II in my 06 a4 quattro and found it unresponsive after pulling it out. Naturally I checked through all the forums I could find and tried removing/replacing the fuses and even disconnected the battery for a while in hopes that it would power back up. I spent nearly 4 hours searching for a solution trying every combination imaginable because I have the radio code for my unit and refused to go to the dealer for them to charge out the butt for a solution.

Well once I finally gave up, I started putting everything back and noticed that the face plate on my stereo wasn't flush from side to side. After pulling the unit back out to firmly press the face plate flush again power was fully restored! For my situation I knew my unit was receiving power as it was cycling through when I would pop the fuse back in, it just wouldn't turn on or show any display. Turns out that when I was pulling the unit out using the keys, once I got it un-hitched, I grabbed the unit with my hands from the top and bottom and pulled with force to get it out. Apparently I pulled with a little too much force and separated the face of the stereo from it's body and that was all it took. Long story short, be careful when using the keys to pull the unit out. I know this is an old thread, but hopefully it will help the next guy that comes across this situation.
Old thread, yes. But thanks. This help me loads. Damn radio face no sitting correct.👍
​​​​​​