Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help With Speaker and AMP Wiring (Non-Bose w/ Aftermarket HU) - 2004 B6

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help With Speaker and AMP Wiring (Non-Bose w/ Aftermarket HU) - 2004 B6

Long story short, I had a shop install my aftermarket headunit recently. Got the car back with a whole bunch of problems. Ended up doing a lot of research and fixing it my self. Knowing what I know now, I will never let any touch my car again when it comes to audio work. I'm fairly new when it comes to car audio, so I'm in need of a little help. I've done a crap ton of research up until this point.

Right now I have a Pioneer AVH-X4600BT in my car with the stock Non-Bose speakers, sub, and amp.

I'm looking to upgrade the amp and sub. I've decided so far on the Kicker TC104 and the Precision Power PPI P900.5. These may change as they have a lot already lol.

So.. I want to hook up the 4 speakers and sub to the amp, but I want to avoid re-wiring the speakers if possible since I heard its a PITA job. I'd also like to use as much of the stock wiring as I can. I know need to run my own power cable, but I'm fine with that. I've read that its possible, but have not been able to find any type of write up on how its done.

Any incite would be greatly appreciated!
Old 12-09-2014, 10:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Have had a few Audi's so I'll chime in. Just restored an older, 1999 land rover disco, with a similar system. 7 Speaker System was original but I wanted to go to a 4 speaker , full spectrum, Design. First of all you say the Current system has a separate Amp that is stock?
If so the first step is to locate the Amp and post. I'll respond after that.......
Old 02-01-2015, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 93Akkord
Long story short, I had a shop install my aftermarket headunit recently. Got the car back with a whole bunch of problems. Ended up doing a lot of research and fixing it my self. Knowing what I know now, I will never let any touch my car again when it comes to audio work. I'm fairly new when it comes to car audio, so I'm in need of a little help. I've done a crap ton of research up until this point.

Right now I have a Pioneer AVH-X4600BT in my car with the stock Non-Bose speakers, sub, and amp.

I'm looking to upgrade the amp and sub. I've decided so far on the Kicker TC104 and the Precision Power PPI P900.5. These may change as they have a lot already lol.

So.. I want to hook up the 4 speakers and sub to the amp, but I want to avoid re-wiring the speakers if possible since I heard its a PITA job. I'd also like to use as much of the stock wiring as I can. I know need to run my own power cable, but I'm fine with that. I've read that its possible, but have not been able to find any type of write up on how its done.

Any incite would be greatly appreciated!
I see you haven't posted anything in close to a year, so I'm curious (if you're still around, that is) if you ever completed your project??