Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Internetradio on smartphone OK, but when connecting to bluetooth, overruled???

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Internetradio on smartphone OK, but when connecting to bluetooth, overruled???

Hello,

I don't know if this is a problem to be solved with my Phone or with my car and i can't really find the answer.

I have an audi a4 (2016) and a samsung galaxy s4.

In my former car, I had the same Phone. I used the same internetradio. I pushed play, connected bluetooth and the radio came out of my boxes.

Now what happens: i put on the radio, it plays...but when I connect it the Phone immediately starts playing the standard tune, in Samsung Music (the default music player).
*So: no problem when NOT connected to the car, which makes me believe it is the car that does "something" to the Phone.
*no problem in my former VW CC
*spotify: no problem, it plays
*When I click samsung music away, the internetradio doesn't play anymore (if it were only this, it would not be a problem
*other radio: this is not an option either, i really want to listen to the channel i try to broadcast (I moved to another region and in the city I used to live in, there's the yearly carnival which was/is about the day of the year to which the whole town lives up to. They make a lot of silly songs and this little automatic radiostation is the only one playing them 24/7...so it is my only way to get into the atmosphere before the days of carnival (nostalgia, yes :-) )

I hope someone knows what i'm talking about.
Old 02-08-2017, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You might try the Audi MMI Connect app, which is another way to expose internet radio to the MMI. (The app looks like a media source.)
Old 02-08-2017, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, thank you for the answer. I did install it, although it just gives a list of internet radio's. I seem not to be able to introduce a specific one.
Or did I overlook that option? Please say yes :-)
Old 02-08-2017, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tom Van Droogenbroeck
Hello, thank you for the answer. I did install it, although it just gives a list of internet radio's. I seem not to be able to introduce a specific one.
Or did I overlook that option? Please say yes :-)
Try a search under Find stations. If nothing comes up, then this app will not get the job done.