Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iPhone 5 stopped working with AMI

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPhone 5 stopped working with AMI

I have an iPhone 5 ad 30-9 pin adapter. Everything was working fine in the car. I got all the audio I needed from my iPhone. Now it's broken. Audi tried replacing the cable for me. Didn't work. They put an iPhone 4 in that did work. So I got a new adapter. Still nothing. I don't want to have an iPhone4 or other device in there all the time. I want my iPhone 5 to work. Has anyone run into this problem where the iPhone 5 was working with the AMI and now it isn't? Any suggestions? I also don't want to use Bluetooth as you lose the AMI functionality that way.

Please help.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Bettand
I have an iPhone 5 ad 30-9 pin adapter. Everything was working fine in the car. I got all the audio I needed from my iPhone. Now it's broken. Audi tried replacing the cable for me. Didn't work. They put an iPhone 4 in that did work. So I got a new adapter. Still nothing. I don't want to have an iPhone4 or other device in there all the time. I want my iPhone 5 to work. Has anyone run into this problem where the iPhone 5 was working with the AMI and now it isn't? Any suggestions? I also don't want to use Bluetooth as you lose the AMI functionality that way.

Please help.
i have the same problem in my 14 a5.. my iPhone 5 never worked idk what it is..
Old 09-22-2014, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I guess this is not your case because you are using a 30-9 pin adaptor, but the lightning connection is very flimsy with the Audi iPhone 5 cable (green bonnet). It tends to loose connection, but one day it didn´t connect at all and fortunately got a replacement from the dealer. The new cable still looses connection from time to time...
Old 09-29-2014, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Obi Jun
I guess this is not your case because you are using a 30-9 pin adaptor, but the lightning connection is very flimsy with the Audi iPhone 5 cable (green bonnet). It tends to loose connection, but one day it didn´t connect at all and fortunately got a replacement from the dealer. The new cable still looses connection from time to time...
Yeah, and now it works. I got the new iPhone 5 battery as part of the iPhone 5 battery recall. Since then I'm up and working again. I also got a second cable from Audi but that didn't do the trick either.
Old 11-20-2014, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I'm having a similar issue. My iPhone 5S worked from day one with the red-grommet cable and the 30pin-Lightning adapter. Lately, though, sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.

The car finds the phone - and charges it - and it even identifies the music and shows all of my artists, albums, playlists, etc - but when I click play - nada. The music never starts to play.

I have a 2014 Q5. Anyone else have this issue?
Old 12-08-2014, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Just wanted to give this thread a friendly bump to see if anyone else has experienced these issues.