Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Laser Jammers

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 03:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laser Jammers

Anyone have any recommendations on the purchase of a laser jammer. Depending on which "independent and objective" web site or test results I've seen, the results all differ significantly.

I've been doing a lot of research and believe the AL Priority is a good unit (best?), very good performance, update-able, sensors are small. However, a bit more expensive than the competition.

I already have a Cobra radar detector with the GPS unit for camera detection in my S5, but looking for more protection for the new 2015 S7 I'm picking up next week.

Also, any suggestions on sensor placement? My Audi Sales Rep said they put them low, below the license plate. Don't believe that's a good place to mount them. Not sure if the only other choice is cutting out a piece of the grille.

Thanks
Old 11-05-2014, 12:05 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi andyv1,
Several years ago I used to own an STI ProDrive and used the laser interceptor which saved my *** couple of times. Besides being the best at jamming it also has a neat feature that allows it to work as a parking sensor (a very lousy one). So, when I got stopped once and the officers started asking me why do I have jammer on the car, I told him that it's not a jammer but a parking sensor. He asked him buddy to hold a piece of paper in front of the sensor and set in the car listening to the beeps. He even played with the on/button which I installed by the right knee but LI turns on in a parking sensor mode so he never managed to put it into jamming mode
The technical support of LI is also wonderful (I think I can even find the name of the guy from the support that helped me out) and they would easily recommend the best installation method.
Old 11-10-2014, 05:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

thanks knfevg. I purchased the AL Priority jammers and will have them installed this week. It also can operate as a parking sensor. The size of the sensor is pretty small and should have no problem being installed in the grille.

I'm going to use the installer that Audi suggested. he already removed the partially integrated radar detector from my S5 that i have turned in and will re-install in my S7 along with the jammer.

thanks again for your reply....andy