Sponsored by:

MMI Radio Text Issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 10:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MMI Radio Text Issue

Hello fellow forum members.

I am having a very weird issue that I am hoping to get an answer to.
I have bought this up with Audi servicing and their answer was "it's just like that" which is total bs.

My issue is with the display of radio text. When I am listening to a station all I can see is a little "i" symbol to indicate that there is detailed radio text (song information). It does not display on the main page, just the "i" symbol and station name.

I have to go to the "functions" menu and select "radio text" in order to view the song or any text.

I can guarantee that I have seen it come up on the normal view and saw the song a few times which is when I noticed the issue.

First Audi said you have to enable "detailed station info" but that has always been enabled for me. When they heard that that's when they said "its just like that...

How do I get the song to display on the main radio page instead of JUST the "i" symbol and radio station.

I have found an example online of how this looks:
Can anyone assist with this? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

The following users liked this post:
dzankou (09-02-2020)
Old 11-10-2017, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

Originally Posted by gozza30
Hello fellow forum members.

I am having a very weird issue that I am hoping to get an answer to.
I have bought this up with Audi servicing and their answer was "it's just like that" which is total bs.

My issue is with the display of radio text. When I am listening to a station all I can see is a little "i" symbol to indicate that there is detailed radio text (song information). It does not display on the main page, just the "i" symbol and station name.

I have to go to the "functions" menu and select "radio text" in order to view the song or any text.

I can guarantee that I have seen it come up on the normal view and saw the song a few times which is when I noticed the issue.

First Audi said you have to enable "detailed station info" but that has always been enabled for me. When they heard that that's when they said "its just like that...

How do I get the song to display on the main radio page instead of JUST the "i" symbol and radio station.

I have found an example online of how this looks:
Can anyone assist with this? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Hey Gozza30, Just wondering if you ever got this issue resolved?
Old 08-06-2019, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by roryjmaher
Hey Gozza30, Just wondering if you ever got this issue resolved?
Is this problem solved for anybody+ I have the same issue as gossa30.
The following 2 users liked this post by Gordon Gunnarsson:
dzankou (03-24-2021), Pizzicato320 (04-21-2022)
Old 08-09-2019, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I have problems as well with MMI and radio text. I recently picked up a 2015 Q7 TDI with MMI version HN+_US_AU3G_P0814. There have been several threads here and in other forums about this issue. In the Q7, I've observed the following behavior for FM radio (this behavior has also been reported in another thread on this forum):

1) On the MMI screen where the station list is displayed, a box will appear with song title and artist.

2) On the MMI screen where the station list is displayed, nothing will appear, but going to the Radio>Info will display song title and artist.

3) There is no song title and artist displayed, either on the station list screen or at Radio>Info

In other threads, this has generally been blamed on how the radio station sends information. This could definitely be playing a part. However, I don't think that the radio stations are entirely at fault. I also have a 2015 Passat TDI and a 2016 Touareg TDI. For local stations that display behaviors (2) and (3) above in the Q7, the Passat and Touareg give me title and artist info (for both primary and secondary HD stations). This leads me to believe that there is definitely a bug in the MMI.

I'm curious if the issue still occurs in newer MMI systems. There is an MMI update the Q7. Unfortunately, my Q7 has Bose, which apparently requires a trip to the dealer to re-program the Bose after the MMI update, or I would try the update myself.

The following users liked this post:
dzankou (11-02-2021)
Old 08-11-2019, 09:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi Joseph.

I have also Bose so maybe this is an issue in this combination. I will go to a dealer and check what they say about it.
I can also notice that the sound chops much like it used to on older LPs. This is sometimes heard more and sometimes less and is present at all stations and at different times so it must be MMI that affects the sound. (Only when i listening to radiostations)

Gordon
Old 08-13-2019, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I have this same issue on my TT with Bang & Olufsen.
My MMI is 0139
Old 08-16-2019, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Does Audi have a mechanism for reporting software bugs like this? I didn't see any such thing on their website. The dealer??? If Audi knew about it, I suppose there is a small chance the problem could get fixed in a future update.
Old 09-25-2019, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi I have the EXACT SAME ISSUE and I know for a fact it can actually display this as my Q7 actually did this for about 30 minutes ONCE! I too took it for a major service and they said the EXACT same thing to me .. its not just LIKE THIS because I have seen with my own eyes that it can display it..
I have tried every single thing on every forum and Radio Display settings do nothing..
Im a bit disappointed that the dealership would suggest that its just like that and not have any idea how to fix it.
ANY HELP on fixing this would be wonderful as its doing my head in.
Old 09-25-2019, 07:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Same exact issue ... Dealer said the exact same thing- Ive tried everything
Old 09-26-2019, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

I just had the dealer apply the software update to my Q7, and I am now at version HN+_US_AU3G_K0942_6. The MMI display behavior has changed a little bit.

1) On the Radio>Info (Radio Text) screen, for FM stations where nothing was displayed before, and where something should have been displayed because my other vehicles display info for these stations, Q7 is now displaying title and artist.
2) If I turn Q7 off, and come back a short time later (like getting a short lunch or running into store), when I start Q7, the radio will start up on the Radio>Info screen. However, if Q7 sits for a longer period, like overnight, the radio will be on the station list screen when it starts up. I haven't played around enough to know what the "critical time" is.

As with Taren, except for the one time when it happened for about 2 hours while we were on a trip, I still have never seen Q7 pop up the title/artist box on the station list screen for any other station. Since I have not been back to that area, I don't know if Q7 would do it again if I tuned that station back.

Quick Reply: MMI Radio Text Issue