Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 07-25-2016, 01:04 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
vSee related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

SD Card and MMI

Old 11-08-2016, 12:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have read the thread.. it mentions a lot about m3u files and apple stuff.
my file structure is not apple ...its is windows mp3 ..also i cannot find a mention
of reading folders inside of other folders..
Old 11-08-2016, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by jono_1uk
Hello

I am taking a delivery of an A1 with this sound system next week.
the SD card i have prepared has music files coppied directly from my Windows C: drive ..some of the folders have sub folders in them ..
will the MMI read thease without modification please?
If the music files are supported by your MMI then yes, they will play. Check your manual for the supported formats - over the last couple of model years, Audi has added some formats to the supported list. If you don't want to wait, post your question over in the A1 forum.
Old 11-08-2016, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

dude, Post #4... although maybe I am reading something you aren't

We are on post 112...

It works...

Greg

Originally Posted by jono_1uk
i have read the thread.. it mentions a lot about m3u files and apple stuff.
my file structure is not apple ...its is windows mp3 ..also i cannot find a mention
of reading folders inside of other folders..
Old 11-08-2016, 09:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Greg Elmassian
dude, Post #4... although maybe I am reading something you aren't

We are on post 112...

It works...

Greg
It took me all of 30 seconds in a single short post to answer his question vs. two of yours to scold him. We should try to help new folks, not chastise them. Or just not respond at all.
Old 11-08-2016, 09:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Was not going to say anything until his second post whining that no one responded... bad form to complain that no one responds.

Any google search on forum etiquette for newbies mentions this.

Greg
Old 11-09-2016, 01:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Was not going to say anything until his second post whining that no one responded... bad form to complain that no one responds.

Any google search on forum etiquette for newbies mentions this.

Greg
Greg, I don't see "Anyone, please?" as whining or complaining. It's a polite plea for assistance. As to bad form, chastising a new member seeking advice is not what we encourage in the AW forums. Perhaps next time you could be a bit more patient with someone new. Let's end it here.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

OK, I'm working on a page to try to bring all this info to one place, the main motivation is for my education, but I have a web site that others often find useful. The page where I am accumulating this information is:

Playing music & videos

Comments welcome.

Greg
Old 12-16-2016, 06:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

OK, I'm working on a page to try to bring all this info to one place, the main motivation is for my education, but I have a web site that others often find useful. The page where I am accumulating this information is:

Playing music & videos

Comments welcome.

Greg
Thanks for your work on this. I just picked up a 2017 SQ5 (coming from a 2011 Q5) and I cannot find a way to shuffle all the tracks on the SD card. I found another thread which suggests that the functionality has been removed and people have come up with workarounds via playlists. I've spent a lot of time keeping my music well organized over the years and don't feel like wasting any more so I can enjoy a feature from a 6 year old car in my brand new one. I cannot believe that Audi would remove such a basic function from the MMI.
Old 12-16-2016, 06:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Not sure how to edit my post but I may have been mistaken. I found this on a different board from 2014. I've only had the car a few days so I may have missed that second checkbox - I'll give it a try tomorrow.

"When playing music from SD source, select settings menu. The list includes a random play tick box which must be checked.
Below that is a menu item called "Retry" (something lost in German translation maybe?? I think they mean "Repeat") and this allows you to select track, folder, card for repeat and then it shows the folder and circular arrow repeat icons at the top of the screen."
Old 12-16-2016, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

In my 2013 A6, an SD card can random play all tracks within a folder but not globally. Using the Jukebox, it can random play all tracks globally.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SD Card and MMI