Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 07-25-2016, 01:04 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
vSee related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

SD Card and MMI

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stevemac00
I use 64GB but formatted with FAT16. Currently about 45GB filled with 7000 songs.
How did you do this?
FAT16 only supports partitions up to 2GB.
Just wondering...
Old 12-30-2014, 07:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Teddy, I am a new owner. Your post on SD cards looks the most informative. I do not use ITunes. I have a large collection of music files on hard drive. I just dragged over the folder (Rolling Stones Top 500 Albums) to my SD card (64g). Plugged in the car (A8L) and not recognized. How do I copy over the "File Structure" as you suggested? Is that my problem? I am not a crazy literate computer guy but can muddle through. Any help? Thanks.
Old 01-01-2015, 04:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just reviewing some threads to see if anything relates to me - one item to note - Do yourself a favor when buying SD cards for the "class" number. These rate from "from what I understand" 1 to 10 and are supposed to be related to media speed. The picture in this post is a 4, which should be in theory slower-access than a 10... Look for a 10.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Just got A3 and trying to understand intricacies of the MMI. The manual says it supports up to 64Gb SD cards. Before I buy one it occurs to me to ask if anyone has tried a 128Gb card. Most of my other items that 'only' support a 64 card work fine with a 128 so thought it might be worth a try......
Old 01-02-2015, 10:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

There are reports elsewhere of successfully using 128Gb cards formatted as FAT32. But it might be version sensitive....
Old 01-04-2015, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I'm using a (PNY) 128 GB SD card in my '14 S4, but it took some experimentation to get it working.
Formatted the SD card using the free HP USB Disk utility. The regular Windows format function appears to work, but MMI does not like it.
Rip CDs, etc. in iTunes to .mp3 format files. I could not get Apple Lossless to work.
Copy the .mp3 files and folders from iTunes library folder to SD card.
Pop SD card into the car and it worked. I did not attempt playlists, video, etc.
This process also worked for a 64 GB (PNY) SD card.

Hope this helps and good luck.
The following users liked this post:
Justin_NC (12-18-2019)
Old 01-09-2015, 01:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi all, A NewBee so be nice

Just to give my experience, i managed, after painful searching, to get an SDHC card to play in my 2011 (61 plate) A4 MMI (think it's a 2g or 3g, but doesnt have the joystick)

I have a HTC one M8 phone and here's how i got my music to play using an SDHC card.

I downloaded an app called Tubemate, to cache mp4 files from YT to phone.
I downloaded an app called MP3 Video converter that then converts the music vids to MP3 format (you have to ensure you select the correct file type as MP3 when converting)
I Saved the converted files to external storage (16gb microSDHC)
Inserted the microSDHC to the SD card adaptor and hey presto, i have the song title and music from an SDHC card!

I know others have been struggling (as I was) in getting an SDHC card with music to work and this worked for me. Im not that tech savvy so others in my shoes might find it helpful
Note: I did ensure the microSDHC card was formatted to FAT32
Old 01-24-2015, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

I've noticed that some of my songs don't show the artist name and album name in the popup box... Anybody know how to fix that? If it's an ID3 tag issue, what's the best way to edit that info?
Old 01-28-2015, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi,

I have an A1 black edition and i'm trying to change my path for my playlist but i am using Mac from iTunes...

My path so far looks like this:

#EXTINF:217,Bloc Party - Flux -
/Users/Tom/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/Unknown Artist/Unknown Album/Bloc Party - Flux.mp3

i've taken out the /users/Tom part and replaced with \ however its not working... anyone know what my path should be please?

Thanks in advance
Old 01-29-2015, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Tman007
I've noticed that some of my songs don't show the artist name and album name in the popup box... Anybody know how to fix that? If it's an ID3 tag issue, what's the best way to edit that info?
In Linux I use Kid3 For windows have a look at mp3tag

Originally Posted by Towen93
Hi,

I have an A1 black edition and i'm trying to change my path for my playlist but i am using Mac from iTunes...

My path so far looks like this:

#EXTINF:217,Bloc Party - Flux -
/Users/Tom/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/Unknown Artist/Unknown Album/Bloc Party - Flux.mp3

i've taken out the /users/Tom part and replaced with \ however its not working... anyone know what my path should be please?

Thanks in advance
Look directly at the sd device to see how the file system is laid out, then go from there.

Quick Reply: SD Card and MMI