Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solved missing Sirius radio

Old 09-22-2015, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solved missing Sirius radio

Hi all, thought I'd just post a bit about my missing Sirius satellite radio and how I solved it, for others.

I recently bought a used 2010 Audi A6 with Premium Plus trim, it was in good shape, seen regularly by the dealer etc. But, a week after I got it home, I noticed that the satellite radio was missing. I would push AM/FM button, then select "BAND" in the top right and only have choices of FM or AM. Some research showed I should also see Sirius.

I was pretty sure the car was delivered with it - the 2010 A6 brochure showed it as standard equipment. Also, I had a 2010 order guide that showed it should of been delivered with Sirius.

Hmmm... after some poking around, I saw that it had MMI 3G+, but only software version 110. Well, specifically HNav_US_P0110_D1. I thought it was possible that a updated version might solve the problem.

After much Googling, I discovered the updated version on GPS Underground. I downloaded it and put it on a SD card.

Popped it into the SD reader in the dash, went the special diagnostic menu (not the green menu) and selected update. Interestingly, there was another place in Settings (without going to the special menu) that looked like you could update it, but it didn't find the update.

So, I selected update and it went through its update, rebooting the MMI once or twice. I did it with the car running - it only took about 15 minutes.

After the update to HNav_US_K0110_3_D1, Sirius appeared in the choices, yay.

But it only showed channel 000. Hmm...

I figured I'd try adding the radio to my existing Sirius subscription, to see if that would work, but $15 for activation and the online chat people not budging on the price, my interest waned. Until I found a 2 month free trial. (google Free Trial Sirius). It says it's for people who just bought a used car with Sirius - that's me!

So, I put the info in (doesn't require a CC), went outside started the car, selected Sirius, boom: Sirius comes in with all the channels.
Old 02-03-2019, 08:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi, great information. I am having the same issue but before I update the software does any one know where the satellite module is located? I checked the rear left side of trunk and what is there appears to be for the stereo and I recently removed the dash to install a backup camera and did not see it there.
Old 04-13-2019, 02:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

This is my MMI I was wondering if this could get updated and how ? Or could I even replace this with a AMI instead?
Old 07-22-2020, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Satellite module

Originally Posted by barnachle
Hi, great information. I am having the same issue but before I update the software does any one know where the satellite module is located? I checked the rear left side of trunk and what is there appears to be for the stereo and I recently removed the dash to install a backup camera and did not see it there.
Hello we are having the same problem trying to fine the module. Did you locate it? We know there is one because we have had Sirius in the past. Any information would be appreciated. BTW we have a 2014 Audi A4