Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there a simple explanation of JukeBox?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 10:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, so I'm new to MMI but I was playing with the wife's (new to her) 2013 A6.
I imported some music via SD but found that you can't from iPhone.
My question is, why when I go into the Import menu is there like 4 USB symbols?
I was guessing the adapter in the arm rest could be considered 1 (with the right cable)
but where / if any, are the other 3? Or is that just a false listing of 4 USB options?

Dave...

Last edited by stangman05; 08-24-2016 at 10:38 AM.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

I bought s adapter to put SD cards into with USB on other end to plug into PC to rip music. I sent maybe 20 songs to the removable drive and even accidently sent one twice. It said " already exist, want to replace it". I was on a roll and feeling good about it. I inserted SD card into slot... Wow it shows up. Really feeling good! Tried to copy and it no media. SD card blank. Back to feeling bad and frustrated. So far my simple explanation of jukebox is " it sux"
Old 08-24-2016, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

I've had zero issues with copying music files from an SD card to the Jukebox. The files have to be in one of the formats as shown in your manual. I copy the files from my iTunes music folder on my computer into folders on the SD card. You must copy files into at least one folder on the SD card and not just dump them in the root.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'll try that. . I won't give up till I have it mastered. Guaranteed.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I have an external hard drive attached via usb to AMI and I'm in the process of copying over a bunch of songs. Unfortunately the Jukebox is too small to hold my entire library. Shame on Audi for that one. Hard drives are cheap. I've been looking into replacing the MMI drive with a larger drive but it seems like a lot of work especially as I don't know linux.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have a external hard drive, but hadn't thought of that route. I was still trying the SD cards. external HD. might be a option if I can pick & chose from HD
Old 08-30-2016, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Garycw
I've been wanting to upload songs to jukebox from audio cd. Everything is grayed out. Do audio cd need to be put on SS card first? What's the best way to store on music hard drive in jukebox?
Unless I am misunderstanding the problem, I was able to simply load (import) music from CDs, some which I had recorded in mp3 and others that had been commercially recorded. No magic. Simply placed them in during import process.

Maybe 2106 MMI does more...? or I don't understand the problem correctly.
Old 08-31-2016, 04:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm going to give it another try today by ripping cd onto PC , then copying onto SD card. So far juke box is s pain and useless. Wife's Lexus 460 is easy to send music to hard drive
Old 08-31-2016, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Garycw
I'm going to give it another try today by ripping cd onto PC , then copying onto SD card. So far juke box is s pain and useless. Wife's Lexus 460 is easy to send music to hard drive
Repeating what I wrote in earlier posts, if a commercial CD is copy protected, the MMI will not permit import to the Jukebox. You first have to copy to a computer in a supported file format i.e. MP3 or AAC, using a program like iTunes or equivalent. then copy the song files to an SD card.

There is a way using VCDS Vag-Com to change the permission to allow direct MMI importing of commercial CDs using the Hidden Menu. (Follow the link in the article to first activate the Hidden Menu).

Audi MMI 3G Audio CD ripping to HDD - mr-fix.info
Old 08-31-2016, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks. Sounds simple

Quick Reply: Is there a simple explanation of JukeBox?