Sponsored by:

Up Grading Q7 Audio

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 12:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Up Grading Q7 Audio

Hi Guys

I have a October 2013 Q7 S-Line Plus and want to upgrade the Audio which is standard not Bose or B&O, Im not interested in going for either of the Bose or B&O I want to go fit a JL Audio Amplified System with a Sub and new speakers also JL Audio.

I am looking at changing the alternator and increasing the grounding of the car to cope with the increased power requirements of the JL Slash Amplifiers,

I want to retain the stock Audio control unit but everything past the speaker outs will be changed, my question is below.

Does the standard system utilise an amp or is the amp driven through the fibre bus and then the amplified outputs of the amp straight to speakers? I also have a JL Audio Clean Sweep if this is the case, My sub amp can take either high or low inputs.

Those un familiar with the Clean Sweep it basically takes the High Outputs from a integrated system and converts them into low but utilises audio correction elctronics for better conversion unlike inline balun units,

Im looking at fitting a JL 12W7 Sub which I plan to build a moulded fibreglass sealed enclosure into the left rear boot panel as there massive amount of redundent space just asking to be filled.

So if anyone has any experience then great also any tricks for removing panels without breaking clips would be great too :-)