Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Technical Discussion > Electronics > Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2002, 05:11 AM   #1
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 726

Default Why are my amps powering up with ignition???

I just installed two Audiobahn amps and wired them to stock Concert/Bose HU using a Blau adaptor. The remote connector, for some reason, powers up the amps with the ignition - even with the HU off. Is this normal?

I still retain the feature that allows me to power the HU without the key in the ignition - and here the HU remote DOES power up the amps.

Chris
Clues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 07:26 AM   #2
Rest In Peace
Account #: 20137

Default For whatever reason, the amps' turn-on wire is connected to the ignition

instead of the head unit's turn-on lead. Not sure about why (if that's they way that the Bose amp is wired), but with aftermarket stuff, you usually don't run the amps independent of the head unit. Does the Bose amp turn on with them?
O.W. Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 08:41 AM   #3
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 9451

Default you know the remote wire goes from your head unit directly into your amp, right?

I never dealt with the stock head unti and adaptor, but it soudns like you got the wrong wire going to your amps, or it's something screwy with that stereo feature to have it on with the car off.. I'm sure guys have done this before with sucess.
BetterThanVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement