Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

Ask Detailer's Domain

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HI again Phil. Thanks for the continued information and I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds by asking more and more questions...

I have a further update which may influence the steps I need to do. Upon closer inspection there are some slight swirl marks and very slight scratches on the hood. It must be from the dealer prep or, and I'm just remembering this now, I think they did a courtesy car wash when I brought it in for service recently (I forgot to ask them not to do it). Anyway, it is not that bad, and only noticeable upon close inspection. It's not a huge deal to me, but if anything you've mentioned above would help with that (and is easy/safe for a newbie to do), please let me know. I'd still like to keep the steps to a minimum, but I'm willing at this point to wash/clay/something/something (or something like that...)

Also, one separate but related question: by using any of the products you or I suggested, do I run the risk of 'having' to do something again in x number of months? What I mean is, as the KAIO or einszett metallic or einszett glanz, or anything else, start to wear away, does the car start to look 'bad', or does it just go back to normal? In other words, if I do the stuff mentioned above, but then decide to never do anything again (aside from wash it), will my car look worse than if I had just done nothing in the first place?

Thanks again!
Old 08-18-2010, 12:12 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by john1r
HI again Phil. Thanks for the continued information and I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds by asking more and more questions...

I have a further update which may influence the steps I need to do. Upon closer inspection there are some slight swirl marks and very slight scratches on the hood. It must be from the dealer prep or, and I'm just remembering this now, I think they did a courtesy car wash when I brought it in for service recently (I forgot to ask them not to do it). Anyway, it is not that bad, and only noticeable upon close inspection. It's not a huge deal to me, but if anything you've mentioned above would help with that (and is easy/safe for a newbie to do), please let me know. I'd still like to keep the steps to a minimum, but I'm willing at this point to wash/clay/something/something (or something like that...)

Also, one separate but related question: by using any of the products you or I suggested, do I run the risk of 'having' to do something again in x number of months? What I mean is, as the KAIO or einszett metallic or einszett glanz, or anything else, start to wear away, does the car start to look 'bad', or does it just go back to normal? In other words, if I do the stuff mentioned above, but then decide to never do anything again (aside from wash it), will my car look worse than if I had just done nothing in the first place?

Thanks again!

if you don't plan on getting a pc or a machine with polishes you will probably see them come back.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by detailersdomain
if you don't plan on getting a pc or a machine with polishes you will probably see them come back.
Ok, thanks again!
Old 08-24-2010, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hi Phil,
I just picked up a 2008 Audi TT (Ocean Blue Pearl) and looking to pick up some detailing stuff but theres so many items available, not sure what to get specifically.

I'm looking to keep things simple and not get too crazy to start. I plan on picking up the All-Purpose Cleaner and wheel brush and possibly something for bugs/tars. Which Carnuba wax do you recommend?

Also, I'm not use to the interior material of the TT so not sure what to use to clean it. I typically just use Meguire's Natural Shine in the past. Also, the seats are leather/alcantranz. So many products on the site, gets kinda confusing lol

Suggestions? Thanks
Old 08-24-2010, 10:45 AM
Former Vendor

thanks for the post.

you can use Sonax dash board cleaner for the interior
on the leather (do you have alcanatara) you can use Sonax Leather Foam

I'm going to guess a wheel cleaner, car wash, microfiber, grit guard, glass cleaner etc...

Prima Clarity for Glass
Uber Wheel kit
(there is an all purpose and brushes in this kit)
Prima Mystique (car wash)
Lusso Oro for wax
Old 08-24-2010, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

thanks for the suggestions!

yes the seats are leather and alcanatara. what can be used to clean that?
Old 08-29-2010, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hi Phil. What would you recommend as the best/easiest product for tires? I read your post here (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2789218) and was considering the Primo Nero and/or Wheel Armour, but wasn't sure if it was 'ok' to just use one or the other (to keep it simpler).

I also heard good things about Optimum Tire Shine and Swissvax Pneu.

Are any of these easier to use than others, w/o compromising too much the length of time the product lasts?

Thanks as always!
Old 08-29-2010, 05:55 PM
Former Vendor

all the products you mentioned are great.

the wheel armour is a sealant for your wheels, the nero is a dressing for your tires.

sonax wheel cleaner is something I would recommend to clean your wheels, if they get dirty and you don't have to time to clean them more often.

lmk,
Old 08-30-2010, 04:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by detailersdomain
all the products you mentioned are great.

the wheel armour is a sealant for your wheels, the nero is a dressing for your tires.

sonax wheel cleaner is something I would recommend to clean your wheels, if they get dirty and you don't have to time to clean them more often.

lmk,
Thanks for the info! I see now that I misread about the nero/wheel armour, and that they are indeed for tires vs. wheels.

Thanks again!
Old 08-30-2010, 07:25 AM
Former Vendor

no problem anytime.

Quick Reply: Ask Detailer's Domain