Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

Best "new car" or "new leather" smell for you car?

Old 12-05-2016, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Best "new car" or "new leather" smell for you car?

Any input as to what is the best "new car" or "new leather" smell for your car.

I found one called Liquid Leather - it's given rave reviews - but it doesn't seem to be available in the U.S.

Last edited by polo1; 12-05-2016 at 01:22 PM.
Old 12-05-2016, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

I like Adam's Leather Conditioner
Old 12-08-2016, 04:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by polo1
"new leather" smell for your car.

Polo, if you seek a distinctive leather odor, look at Griot's Leather Conditioner or Zaino Z10.
Old 12-08-2016, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Chemical Guys new car smell is one of the best "new car" smells.

But their Chemical Guys Honeydew deodorizer is my favorite!!
Old 12-20-2016, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Liquid leather will ship to the US, but it's around $25 if I remember correctly. Doesn't make it worth it in my opinion.
Old 12-20-2016, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zaino Z10 is leather smell in a bottle.
Old 12-20-2016, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Love the Griot's Leather Smell...

… two spritzes. I also use the Griots Leather care products as well…

https://www.griotsgarage.com/product...nt+4+ounces.do

The 4oz bottle lasts me about three years for two cars. One treatment per week for each car. Don't overspray - it is best as a subtle reminder. I am not a fan of perfumes or car deodorizers.

The most wonderful smell of all (outside of a golden retriever puppy) is fresh Connolly Hide Food from England. However, it is old school, produced from rendered sheep fat (lanolin) so has a pretty short shelf life for a car product. When it begins to turn, it goes from delicious to disgusting. As such, I have switched to Griots…

Griots also has a product called "Stinky be Gone" that is a porous bag of organic rock (Zeolite) that really absorbs (not cover-up) organic molecules. In my kid raising days (now mercifully over) and when grandkids visit, it was/is a staple in the family car and truck. Also works well in closets and drawers… having had 21 dogs, this is a bit of an on-going battle..

Happy Motoring

Eric

Last edited by eric strauss; 12-20-2016 at 06:57 AM.
Old 12-25-2016, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by eric strauss
… two spritzes. I also use the Griots Leather care products as well…

https://www.griotsgarage.com/product...nt+4+ounces.do

The 4oz bottle lasts me about three years for two cars. One treatment per week for each car. Don't overspray - it is best as a subtle reminder. I am not a fan of perfumes or car deodorizers.

The most wonderful smell of all (outside of a golden retriever puppy) is fresh Connolly Hide Food from England. However, it is old school, produced from rendered sheep fat (lanolin) so has a pretty short shelf life for a car product. When it begins to turn, it goes from delicious to disgusting. As such, I have switched to Griots…

Griots also has a product called "Stinky be Gone" that is a porous bag of organic rock (Zeolite) that really absorbs (not cover-up) organic molecules. In my kid raising days (now mercifully over) and when grandkids visit, it was/is a staple in the family car and truck. Also works well in closets and drawers… having had 21 dogs, this is a bit of an on-going battle..

Happy Motoring

Eric
I agree, Eric. I have the Griot's Leather scent and though only lasts a couple of days, gives you that leather smell. I also have Connolly's Hide Food - and it is old school and does smell wonderful - mine still has a nice smell. The problem for me is that it is extremely hard to use on Audi's perforated seats without some of it remaining in the perforations. And yes, I have applied it on a hot, sunny day, applied it on the cloth not directly on the seats, but to no avail, perforations remained clogged. And in reality, there really isn't much leather beyond the seats (not on dash, armrests, doors, back of the seats) in my A4. I'm gonna go back to Griot's leather care products. As an aside, I think Griot's has an amazing line of products, covering the gamut of auto detailing, at a very fair price.
Old 12-25-2016, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks for that update...

Originally Posted by bob m
I agree, Eric. I have the Griot's Leather scent and though only lasts a couple of days, gives you that leather smell. I also have Connolly's Hide Food - and it is old school and does smell wonderful - mine still has a nice smell. The problem for me is that it is extremely hard to use on Audi's perforated seats without some of it remaining in the perforations. And yes, I have applied it on a hot, sunny day, applied it on the cloth not directly on the seats, but to no avail, perforations remained clogged. And in reality, there really isn't much leather beyond the seats (not on dash, armrests, doors, back of the seats) in my A4. I'm gonna go back to Griot's leather care products. As an aside, I think Griot's has an amazing line of products, covering the gamut of auto detailing, at a very fair price.
Maybe Connolly has put a better stabilizer in the product to improve shelf life! I do love the aroma and used to use it on my office furniture as well. Agree about Griot's = they have us figured out and well cared for…

Happiest of holidays

Eric

Search this Thread