Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

Factory build A7 delivered with wrong spec + badly vandalised

Old 09-14-2015, 02:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory build A7 delivered with wrong spec + badly vandalised

Hi chaps

Need some serious help/guidance/advice as I'm in quite a predicament;

I ordered a brand new A7 from Audi Bedford for delivery in September. Customized the whole car i.e. upholstery, exterior etc. Come the delivery day, I get a very apologetic call 2 hours prior to collection of the car to say its come with the wrong alloys (this was a huge deal as I had better finance packages from other dealerships but went with these guys because they could provide these very rare alloys on a far quicker delivery).

At this point they've agreed to keep the car and and source the alloys nationally to get the correct ones fitted in. This would take a long time as were only two of these alloys in all of the UK. They provided me with a temporary Q7 while work is being done. 6 days later the work was done and I got told the car would be delivered to my work address. On the morning of the delivery I get a call from the head of Audi Bedford to tell me that overnight the forecourt was broken into by a bunch of guys who took to the car with bats and have very badly damaged the car from every angle and potentially also tried to steal the alloys. I've attached pictures of the car after the damage- it's pretty bad.

This leaves me in a complete mess. I have no idea what to do. The guys from Audi Bedford have been very helpful in providing solutions but even they havent a clue where to take it from here. I've yet to have a proper word as last they were dealing with the police who were taking forensics etc. I just need to some help on the most suitable actions from here on in, please correct me if I am wrong or suggest alternatives where suitable;

1. Get the car repaired by Audi, drive the Q7 around until this is done as the work will take a long time. At the same time, negotiate a lower monthly repayment package as I will no longer be driving a brand new vehicle but one that is extensively repaired
2. Tell them I want a brand new car delivered on the same package and repayment plan (will take 2-3 months) and drive around the Q7 until this is done, surely free of charge, as I've sold my car a day before the delivery with the correct wheels.
3. or any other suggestions...?

It's been a nightmare of a purchase for me, which is even more painful given the acquisition of a car is normally filled with excitement and pure enjoyment. This has been painful, and left me with a lot of headache, with none of it being my fault.
Attached Images     
Old 10-06-2015, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Your paying for a brand new car i personally would tell them to order a New one for you. This one they can keep for themselfs make it a demo car.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Copy your post over to the A7 forum. you will get many more replies there.

I would not accept this car. Have them order the same car and drive their loaner until it comes in. Request to Audi that you be put at the head of the line with an additional allocation due to the circumstances. Waiting two more months will be nothing when weighed against the years you will own it and not always thinking about the repairs that were done. Also have them save and store the wheels for the new car if availability would hold up your reorder.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

This is their problem..not yours...they are responsible until you take delivery..I would only accept a new car..or a refund and move on...this one didn't work out.
Old 11-24-2015, 04:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

those brats have seriously ruined the cars detailing. But that should still be dealer's problem since you're the one who ordered for a brand new customized car. they should not give you this just because some incident came up. another prob is they gave you the wrong spec as you mentioned on the subject.