Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

Here are some random questions...

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here are some random questions...

OK all, what do you recommend for the following?

1) Inside of car on Tinted Windows. I used to use Plexus, can't seem to find it now.

2) On plastic headlight covers, to keep from yellowing over time.

3) What is your favorite Detail Spray? I have used Final inspection in the past but it is seems to have a lot of static now.

4) I'm thinking about going back to Klass AOI, and SG then a topping with Wax. What wax would be best for this, but reasonably priced. I used to use 1 Grand Blitz Wax but can't seem to find. And it is crap if you get on rubber at all. How about P21S?

This is for a Phantom Black Audi so I am a little concerned about the Klasse SG as it has been a lot of work to remove in the past if you get too much on at all.

Thanks,
Old 03-25-2016, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianE
OK all, what do you recommend for the following?

1) Inside of car on Tinted Windows. I used to use Plexus, can't seem to find it now.

I see Plexus on Amazon. Many motorcycle shops sell that. OTOH, many basic glass cleaners will be OK for use on window tint.

2) On plastic headlight covers, to keep from yellowing over time.

I use Plexus for this

3) What is your favorite Detail Spray? I have used Final inspection in the past but it is seems to have a lot of static now.

I don't use products like this any longer due to our cars being coated. When I did use such a product, it was FK 425. I guess you'll have to sample products and see which makes sense in your application.

4) I'm thinking about going back to Klass AOI, and SG then a topping with Wax. What wax would be best for this, but reasonably priced. I used to use 1 Grand Blitz Wax but can't seem to find. And it is crap if you get on rubber at all. How about P21S?

P21s Carnauba Look would probably be really good in this scenario.

This is for a Phantom Black Audi so I am a little concerned about the Klasse SG as it has been a lot of work to remove in the past if you get too much on at all.

Yes, that color can require great effort to keep it looking its best.
Old 04-03-2016, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by uberwgn
Yes, that color can require great effort to keep it looking its best.
When you mention that you don't use detail spray any longer, because your car is coated, do you mean coated with a wrap - EXPEL, or with a coating like OPTICOAT/CQUARTZ?
I applied CQUARTZ last year on my midnight blue Q5 and I used a detail spray (Griot's Speed Shine) after washing and found that it increased the shine a bit.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Cquartz, Bob.

If you spend any time reading up on these products, the manufacturers generally recommend not putting anything on the surface (coating) and use a "body shop safe" car wash that doesn't leave a bunch of stuff behind. The coating will then be at its best and not have any sticky residue.