Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

PAINT CORRECTION & PAINT PROTECTION

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually i made an appointment for july 20th at Simons shine shop since ADC didnt answer my call( he said to call 30 mins before i come for a quote only).
Simon's gave me price of 825$ total for inside and outside and they need the car for 2-3 days.
Cant wait to see the results
Old 07-17-2015, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by AutoNuvo Boston
we do not push Opti Coat because we have seen longevity issues on cars from other shops, but do install Pro Plus if a customer asks for it.
FWIW, I had Opti-Coat Pro installed over three years ago on my A6 and it is still working flawlessly with no degradation in performance or appearance. Like any paint protection installation, I suspect that the installer/application may have something to do with any longevity issues.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Picked it up today,clear coat was restored flawlessly imo but interior no no.Dirty seat belts,scratched radio,trunk full of dust.All in all probably wont be coming back to this place.2 last pictures are before and rest after.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Are you sure that they were doing a detail on the inside and not just a vacuum?? I know when I do coatings, $825 is pretty cheap and only covers the outside paint work. I don't do Opti, but the coatings I do take a minimum of 4 hours with the dry time. Throw in paint correction and its an all day affair (2-3 days is pretty nuts and at only $825, his margins gotta be bad).
Old 07-26-2015, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

They did but apparently they rushed,i have seen a lot of teenagers inside working so i guess they probably dont give a f
Old 07-26-2015, 02:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Y888
They did but apparently they rushed,i have seen a lot of teenagers inside working so i guess they probably dont give a f
See, thats the problem. Too many "detailers" hire cheap unskilled help and ruin business for those who actually do things the right way. All of my employees have either been with me for a few years, have been detailing for many years and thoroughly trained by myself (and know my standards!) or they don't work for me. I pay them accordingly too.

We have a couple companies down here that "detail". By "detail", I mean they wash a car, use some spray wax, and vacuum the interior and slop some Armor All on the dash. Disgusting. And then they charge $70 so customers ask why I charge $125-$300 when "so and so" is doing it for $70
Old 10-03-2015, 07:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi
Little off topic but I wanted to ask if these protecting coatings should be waxed regularly or not after it is applied?
I just had cquartz done and forgot to take off the emblems on the trunk before hand. If I take off the emblems, will there be an obvious coating line from the application? Would I be able to fix the coating line myself? Thanks

Roger
Old 10-03-2015, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Can't speak to cQuartz but Opti-Coat does not require waxing. In fact, due to the low tensile properties that cause water and dirt to not stick, wax will only last a couple of weeks.

As to our emblems, yes, you will probably see a difference. If you want to remove the emblems permanently, I would take it back to the installer and ask then to touch up those spots with the CQ,
Old 01-23-2016, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AutoNuvo Boston
The best ceramic/glass coating out right now is 22PLE's Mistico Elemento.

Absolutely insane gloss and water sheeting properties, and 5 years longevity. It is a pro-only coating, our shop is one of 7 shops in the USA who install it.

I would recommend any 22PLE or C-Quartz product for glass coatings. Each installer will have one they prefer over another, but we do not push Opti Coat because we have seen longevity issues on cars from other shops, but do install Pro Plus if a customer asks for it.
Where in Boston are you located? Is it under Auto Nuvo? Thanks.
Old 03-08-2016, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

LouisM27, i am in the chicago area as well and looking to get my A4 done.. can you please let me know where you got your car done?

Quick Reply: PAINT CORRECTION & PAINT PROTECTION