Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

Paint Protection

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 04:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint Protection

Figured I'd post this here since the response in the car specific forum is dead. Already read every single Forum Post in this group looking at differences, but was looking for recent thoughts from the owners.

Alright. Just bought my Audi Saturday. Been researching exterior and interior protection pretty hard today and finally decided on two things:
1) Opti-Coat Pro Plus
2) XPel Ultimate

Make one phone call to a certified Opti-Coat "installer" and he instantly tells me Opti-Coat isn't what I should be getting and I should consider Crystal Serum by G Techniq... Says it's new and much better. Then he tells me XPel isn't as good as SunTech...

When we purchased the car we purchased the clear bra (wasn't my choice... wife did it) and some kind of dent protection along with the Perma Plate the dealership had offered.
Pretty sure I can get those refunded since it hasn't been 30 days yet.

Curious what the owners here have to say?
Any thoughts? Warnings? Ideas? Preferences?
Old 04-28-2016, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

As noted, many threads on exterior protection. Based on comments/reviews in this forum as well as other auto manufacturer enthusiast sites, went with the XPel Ultimate and OptiCoat Pro. No complaints here. My two cents would be to stick with your initial decision, particularly with respect to the XPel. Perhaps you can contact another installer, preferably one who installs XPel....
Old 05-18-2016, 03:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tisbury
Figured I'd post this here since the response in the car specific forum is dead. Already read every single Forum Post in this group looking at differences, but was looking for recent thoughts from the owners.

Alright. Just bought my Audi Saturday. Been researching exterior and interior protection pretty hard today and finally decided on two things:
1) Opti-Coat Pro Plus
2) XPel Ultimate

Make one phone call to a certified Opti-Coat "installer" and he instantly tells me Opti-Coat isn't what I should be getting and I should consider Crystal Serum by G Techniq... Says it's new and much better. Then he tells me XPel isn't as good as SunTech...

When we purchased the car we purchased the clear bra (wasn't my choice... wife did it) and some kind of dent protection along with the Perma Plate the dealership had offered.
Pretty sure I can get those refunded since it hasn't been 30 days yet.

Curious what the owners here have to say?
Any thoughts? Warnings? Ideas? Preferences?
Have had Permaplate for a few months now and all I can tell you is that all it does is make water spots impossible to remove. Have had to go back to dealer once already to have spots on hood removed.