Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

Polishing advice for 2015 Glacier White SQ5

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Polishing advice for 2015 Glacier White SQ5

Hi guys!
I realize people hate being asked "what is the best XXX product for XXX task..", but just wanted to check in to see if anyone's had any luck in polishing their Glacier White metallic Audi vehicles (2015 SQ5 in my case).

Although I've been "dabbling" in detailing for quite some time, this is the first time I'm going to try my hand at doing machine polishing on my 6-month-old Glacier White metallic SQ5 (with a Porter Cable random orbit polisher). So far I've been very partial to BlackFire products & have had great success with their Midnight Sun wax & their Wet Diamond All Finish sealant. My SQ5 is very "pampered", & stays in a garage almost 24/7 both at home & at work. I'm extremely careful with my regular washing/waxing/LSP, so I have really only minor marring & fine scratches (owing to the harsh Canadian winters up here in London). I was thinking of trying BlackFire's "Duo" system for my first go at polishing my vehicle's paint -- i.e. The BlackFire SRC Compound & the BlackFire SRC Finishing Polish. Since my paint is in quite good condition, I was thinking of trying the "gentler" finishing polish first & only using the SRC Compound if there are still significant residual fine scratches. Ideally I'd prefer not to use something too abrasive as I don't think I'll need it.

Whichever products I use, I will be "practicing" on my wife's silver metallic 2014 Acura MDX (she doesn't know yet...don't tell her). It's a very light shade of silver/grey, so I figured it might give me some sense of what to expect on my vehicle. Just curious what everyone's opinions are about this potential combo, & whether you've had luck with other products (I was thinking of the Wolfgang line as well). Thanks for any advice.

Cheers,

Al
London Ontario Canada