Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

Removal of holograms and swirls

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
Yup. I've found a guy 30 miles from where I live who does ceramic pro for $125 and paint correction at $85 an hour. That sounds kinda cheap to me. He also has mixed reviews regarding detailing. So yea. On the lookout for other detailers in IL.
There are different levels of Ceramic Pro. The least expensive is the CP Light which won't last long on it's own nor will it provide the best protection. Ask if it's Ceramic Pro Lite in combination with one or more coats of CP 9H which is the good stuff. At $125 I highly doubt you get the 9H coat(s).

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
Another doubt. Would it be better to let a detailer do paint correction and I do the application of a costing myself since I don't think one needs a polisher for that. Wouldn't that work out to be more cost effective?
I don't think you can buy the CP 9H or Opti-Coat Pro/Plus retail as a DIY. It's only available to authorized pro installers. Only the basic version can be purchased as a DIY and even then, the best results will be achieved by an experience detailer. Don't skimp -if you're going to do it, do it right.
Old 12-27-2016, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
There are different levels of Ceramic Pro. The least expensive is the CP Light which won't last long on it's own nor will it provide the best protection. Ask if it's Ceramic Pro Lite in combination with one or more coats of CP 9H which is the good stuff. At $125 I highly doubt you get the 9H coat(s).

I don't think you can buy the CP 9H or Opti-Coat Pro/Plus retail as a DIY. It's only available to authorized pro installers. Only the basic version can be purchased as a DIY and even then, the best results will be achieved by an experience detailer. Don't skimp -if you're going to do it, do it right.
He he. I know. It sounded cheap for ceramic pro 9H. That was why I had my doubts too. I'll ask him anyways.

I didn't know you couldn't buy CP for DIYs. But yes. They are nice. If seen a CP'd car after one year and it looked better than a brand new car.