Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

Review: Wolfgang Microfiber Cleaner and Rejuvenator

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 07:22 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Review: Wolfgang Microfiber Cleaner and Rejuvenator

Wolfgang Microfiber Cleaner and Rejuvenator
By cleanmycorolla

Hey all!

I am a huge fan of Blackfire Microfiber Cleaner and Restorer, in fact, it's the one product I can 100% say works up to its claims. It is that good. Recently Nick@AG sent me Wolfgang Microfiber Cleaner and Rejuvenator to test out to see if it can live up to my Blackfire standards. What makes the new Wolfgang different is it was designed for HE washers, which I happen to have. Blackfire has never given me issues when I used the proper amounts but it was nice to see something specifically for HE washing machines.

Name:  image_zps31716a66.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  58.9 KB

The test was some towels I used to detail an engine today

Befores:

Name:  image_zps0ac8b6fe.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  67.7 KB

Name:  image_zpsc8c28756.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  52.0 KB

Name:  image_zpsa979efcd.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  60.9 KB

Afters:
Name:  image_zps19a97324.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  43.1 KB

Name:  image_zpsdea58411.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  43.1 KB

Name:  image_zps97f711bb.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  49.6 KB

Thoughts:
I used less oz per load then I did the Blackfire, with this load in particular I would've used anywhere between 1-1.5oz of Blackfire. Especially since these are engine towels I'm not looking for spot free, just clean! With BF I use very liberal amounts typically 2oz for big loads, but with this wash with Wolfgang, I used just under 1oz when measured in the bottle it comes in for a big load(around 20 total). So it appears depending on load size of course, a little goes a long way.

Has a pleasant smell that rinsed out nicely, no soapy residue left over. I had this happen once with Blackfire but it was indeed my error.

As you can see, it cleans pretty well and gives the towels some life back. The towels came back soft and plush for their gsm. A majority of the hard grease stains were removed, and that's a plus! I imagine on paint only towels they'll come back spotless.

As for cost, unknown. This isn't released yet. If it is anywhere in the Blackfire price range per gallon, then it's worth it!

In comparison to Blackfire detergent, my favorite, I'd have to say it's indeed on par, with a plus being it's designed for modern HE washers. The fact I could use only 1oz and get the towels that clean is pretty good. If I didn't have a gallon of Blackfire to go through, I'd choose the Wolfgang hands down. After 1 load I can see it's better than Pinnacle, DP and Chemical Guys, other cleaners I've used, and it's just as good as Blackfire which I consider best!