Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

Wolfgang Liquid Seal - Pats300zx review

Old 10-27-2014, 01:17 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wolfgang Liquid Seal - Pats300zx review

Just want to share this Thread our friend Pats300zx created over at Autogeekonline.net

I know I am a little late to the game and several reviews have already been posted on the new Wolfgang products. I wanted to say thanks to Nick for sending some out to me to test and review.

Product: Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal
Size: 8 oz
Cost: $29.99

Directions and Instruction:

• Before using Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal, paint needs to be clean and dry.
• Work in the shade on a surface that is cool to the touch. If you can’t place your hand on the paint and let your hand remain on the paint comfortably, then the paint is probably too hot.
• Work on one panel at a time. A panel equals a hood or a fender, or a door, etc. A larger panel like a hood should be treated as two panels.
• Mist product over a section of paint. Spread sealant over surface using a clean, dry foam or microfiber applicator pad. One spray per panel is all that’s needed.
• If there is any excess product on the panel after spreading it out, you are applying it too thick. Lighty buff off excess with a microfiber towel.
• Repeat until entire panel is covered. Move onto a new panel until entire vehicle is coated. Additional coats can be applied one hour apart.
• Maintain you new Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal finish using Wolfgang’s Auto Bathe and Instant Detail Spritz.

Product Description (from Autogeek website):

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal is an advanced spray-on, walk away paint sealant that provides Wolfgang’s signature deep gloss shine and durable German Super Polymer paint protection. The durable sealant provided by Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal offers maximum UV protection to keep your vehicle’s paint looking great for years.

Application Directions:

Before using Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal, paint needs to be clean and dry.

Work in the shade on a surface that is cool to the touch. If you can’t place your hand on the paint and let your hand remain on the paint comfortably, then the paint is probably too hot.

Work on one panel at a time. A panel equals a hood or a fender, or a door, etc. A larger panel like a hood should be treated as two panels.

Mist product over a section of paint. Spread sealant over surface using a clean, dry foam or microfiber applicator pad. One spray per panel is all that’s needed.

If there is any excess product on the panel after spreading it out, you are applying it too thick. Lighty buff off excess with a microfiber towel.

Repeat until entire panel is covered. Move onto a new panel until entire vehicle is coated. Additional coats can be applied one hour apart.

Maintain you new Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal finish using Wolfgang’s Auto Bathe and Instant Detail Spritz.

Performance:

I decided to give Liquid Seal a try on my 2003 Super Black 350Z. The car is garage kept and since the weather is not exactly cooperating here in the Northeast I wanted to let everyone know my thoughts. This is probably one of the easiest WOWA sealants I have used. I find it ranks up there with Blackfire Crystal Seal and is much easier to use than some of the earlier WOWA sealants like Opti-Seal , Zaino Clear Seal, and Ultima. With these WOWA sealants I feel you always have to be careful as to how much you applied to avoid. Too much would result in you having to go back and and rewipe the surface.

Wolfgang Liquid Seal is perfect. Two spritz’s to prime the pad. I spritz per panel and no issues whatsoever with streaking.

How does it compare to Blackfire Crystal Seal? I would have to say for ease of use both are neck and neck. In terms of looks I would have to say that BFCS has more of a crisp sealant look where Liquid Seal has more depth and a carnbuaba look. Both are probably some of the easiest detailing products I have ever used.

Cons: None that I could come up with. I have not tested any type of durability since the test vehicle is garage kept. Plenty of other forums members will be sure to chime in on durability results.

Results: