Brakes Discussion Discussion forum regarding brake tuning, upgrades and questions

Audi Q7 Brake Pad Warning

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Q7 Brake Pad Warning

Hi all,

I have a 2015 Q7. This past weekend, we were on a road trip and it was raining pretty heavily and the brake pad light came up and was on pretty consistently. I am now back in an area where there is no rain and the brake pad warning light is not showing up anymore.

Do I need to get my brake pads checked out? Is there anyway I can check to see if they are ok myself? Would heavy rains cause the brake pad warning light to show up?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 12-09-2016, 03:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is easy. 1. check the thickness of brake pad. 2. check if there are annoying sound when you put on the brake. If it is thin and there are annoying sound, then you need to change it. Good luck.
Old 12-09-2016, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

It is hard to see how rain could cause a pad wear warning. The sensors in each pad look for continuity in a small wire embedded in each one. As the pad wears thinner the sensor rubs against the rotor and when it wears through and interrupts the circuit a pad wear warning is displayed. A break in the wire or a corroded connection could give a false pad wear warning. First inspect each pad for thickness. If still not too worn, check the sensor connectors and wires.