Brakes Discussion Discussion forum regarding brake tuning, upgrades and questions

Brake failure on new 2015 Q5 (534 miles on)!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 10:42 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake failure on new 2015 Q5 (534 miles on)!

Almost caused collision! Would appreciate your suggestions. The dealership said they found nothing wrong with the car :-( Here was what happened.

I approached a downhill intersection and my new Q5 failed to stop at the Stop sign. Prior to arriving at the intersection, I drove at a very low speed (5-10 mph) as I was in a residential area where I wasn't familiar with. I gradually stepped on the brake however the Q5 was still sliding. The brake was locked up/hardened as I applied more pressure and the anti-lock brake did not kick in (no pulsating motion). My car continued to skid down through the intersection and almost hit the car crossing. It failed to come to a complete stop so I had to steer it past the intersection after which I continued at a low speed and stepped on the brake a multiple times trying to regain control.

The hill wasn't too steep. The road was only slightly wet (the weather was very mild, in the 50F-60F.) The car had always been parked in underground garages at work and at home. I was shocked and extremely disappointed at how a new vehicle purchased just a bit over a month ago and driven only 534 miles could have caused such major failure.

Do you have any suggestions? Would you take the car back or if not, what choices do I have (I purchased it second week of Dec so this is about 6 weeks post sale). Thank you for your reply!