2011 S4 Premium trim pricing ? S4 or 335IS

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 07:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 S4 Premium trim pricing ? S4 or 335IS

Anyone know what % of off MSRP a repeat Audi customer can get for a fully loaded 2011 S4 Premium that is in stock at the dealer? Considering a Phantom Black with DSG, B&O stereo, sports differential, Nav (don't really care for it but it looks like all the cars on the lot have it). I drove it today and loved it. Debating this or a BMW 335IS which I would have to special order (delivery in July). A little concerned about winter driving with the IS which is rear wheel drive - I love the handling of the 335IS, the coupe lines and the exhaust and unique M package is really neat. for those that are not familiar with the 335IS, it is not a regular 335 coupe by any means. More HP and Torque with a 7 second overboost function that takes torque to 369. It appears BMW engineers used the N54 engine (twin turbo) and tuned it, versus the N55 single turbo, double scroll set-up for the current 335. My US sourced almost mint condition 2004 S4 sedan (manual) will be on the market in the next week or two if I'm able to get a good deal locally for the S4 since I'm sure the dealers will screw me nicely on that (being a US car) - see classifieds - I'm negotiable. Any feedback would be appreciated, especially regarding S4 price. Thanks.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you in the GTA?
Old 05-16-2011, 02:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by afretes
Are you in the GTA?
Yes. Thanks but I just closed on a fully loaded 2011 S4 on Saturday. Trading in my 2004 S4 (US Car), manual, silver, BBS CH rims in almost mint condition with 97k kilometres for $12k which gives me around a $13.6k credit towards my new car (tax benefit included). Anyone interested in buying it for 15k by tomorrow? See classifieds section. Winters not included anymore though. Love the new s4 after driving it again and my wife is relieved since she loved it too. BMW will ikely deduct money from my deposit.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Absolute Traction
Yes. Thanks but I just closed on a fully loaded 2011 S4 on Saturday. ...
Too bad you didnt talk to Alex as he probably would have done a great job to earn your business. That said, congrats on the new whip !
Old 05-24-2011, 05:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks. I got a pretty good deal from the Downtown Audi guys who gave me excellent service right from the beginning.

BTW: How do you like the TTS? I love the lines on that car and may consider it in a couple years as a used 2nd car.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

BTW: How do you like the TTS? I love the lines on that car and may consider it in a couple years as a used 2nd car.
Lovin' it ! Very quick and nimble feeling, comfortable and more space than I thought ... No problem fitting 2 sets of golf clubs, my waterski, clothing, a food cooler, 18L jug of water and groceries for weekends away.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

www.truecar.com for pricing
I think there is around a $1500 factory rebate on the 335is this month.

I test drove both the S4 & 335is - both great cars. The 335is is a blast to drive, comfortable and has a great exhaust note.

It's really a personal decision, both are great cars. With the 335is I would worry about the HPFP issue, have not seen any on that model but it's the same engine as last years 335 that had all the problems. S4 is possibly more usable with the 4 doors, but the back seat of the 335is is big enough for adults.

I almost pulled the trigger on the 335is until I found the cpo 09 S5 that was around $12,000 less.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Nice looking TTS. Is that the Titanium package? Never driven one but the cockpit looks really comfortable. And very nice house too!

BTW: I had no idea the Tit. package was available with the S4 as well since the dealer did not mention it, but IMHO the S4 Tit. package wheels are pretty ugly with the strange machining that makes the wheel look 2 tone. Or maybe I'm just getting old
Old 05-30-2011, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Nice looking TTS. Is that the Titanium package? Never driven one but the cockpit looks really comfortable. And very nice house too!
Thx and yes, very comfortable ! No such thing as a Titanium package on the TTS. Milltek exhaust and Neuspeed wheels are the only non stock exterior items. The Audi wheel caps help maintain an OEM "look" and not only do the wheels hide brake dust well, they're 12 lbs lighter than the OEM wheels with tires.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yeah, the dealer did mention the $1500 rebate for the IS. I would have received a really good deal from Parkview and even put a deposit down for a July delivery. But I decided to then test drive the S4 as I was still unsure about the choice. also, after considering other aspects like my wife's comfort, the much better interior quality, and AWD for better winter driving, I knew the S4 was the right car. Just a lot more refinement in the car that the 3 series cannot match up to. I've owned a 2001 S4, 2004 S4 and now a 2011 S4 and all the engines have their merits but I could not see myself getting another V8.

With the 335IS, I loved the coupe lines and the exhaust note. But it looks like the "tuner crowd" kinda car for the younger demographic and I'm past that look. I bought my car (not leased) and plan to keep it for a while so the Audi seems like more of a long term car with timeless lines that will not look dated in 2-3 years from now. Same concerns regarding the HPFP issue, but I understand the BMW engineers made several improvements including additional oil cooler and better airflow in the front with the absence of fogs.

Quick Reply: 2011 S4 Premium trim pricing ? S4 or 335IS