Couple free car parts available if anyone wants...

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 06:44 AM
SMO
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple free car parts available if anyone wants...

Very, very sad... My wife got into a minor accident with our new car. She hit the spare tire on the back of an SUV. It hit right at the bottom of the hood, so the hood buckled in and the grill cracked. Car is now at Pfaff being repaired. It's being done under insurance, so everything is being fixed 100%. That means, of course, that some parts that are good are being replaced because they have minor damage.

The car is only 6 months old and I feel it may be a waste to trash some of the replaced parts. There are a couple that I believe are salvageable, so if anyone wants them, please let me know and I can ask the shop to keep them for you to pick them up.

1. A/C condenser. I'm told it has a small dent in it. Working fine, no leakage, but the shop says there's a chance it will have a shorter life.

2. Front bumper cover. It's an '08 s-line in Quartz Gray. From what I saw, the cover was virtually untouched, except a small scratch near the license plate. It's about 2 inches long on the crease and looks easily fixable. Some very minor stone chips. Shop says that the brace that holds it to the car is no longer perfect and can't guarantee that if you put it on another car that it will be a flawless fit. Granted I'm no expert, but when I looked at the car I assumed it was fine.

Hope to have my baby back in a couple weeks. Really am not enjoying my GM rental!