Discount on 2011 A5?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 07:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discount on 2011 A5?

Being this is a Canadian forum, I'm wondering for those of you who have ordered a 2011 A5, were you able to get anything off the MSRP for it? If so, what percentage or what dollar amount?

There's a place I can pay to get the dealer cost of the vehicle but I doubt I can get any deals like the folks in the US can (e.g. $500-$100 over cost). Therefore I think I'll work with what I can get off retail.

If you can share some numbers so I know what's reasonable, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by a5_fanatic
Being this is a Canadian forum, I'm wondering for those of you who have ordered a 2011 A5, were you able to get anything off the MSRP for it? If so, what percentage or what dollar amount?

There's a place I can pay to get the dealer cost of the vehicle but I doubt I can get any deals like the folks in the US can (e.g. $500-$100 over cost). Therefore I think I'll work with what I can get off retail.

If you can share some numbers so I know what's reasonable, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.
I doubt you'd be able to get $500 over invoice here in Canada (unless it's on remaining 2010 stock and there aren't many of those cars still around). At the same time, the markup on the A5 is about 8.5%, so there's definitely some wiggle room there. The dealers will tell you all sorts of nonsense about Audis "selling like hot cakes" these days, the A5 being a "hot" car, Audi Canada having a "no discounts policy"...that's all BS. Find a no-nonsense salesperson, make a reasonable offer and be prepared to sign papers on the spot if you get what you're asking for. Also, as sexists as this may sound, avoid female salespeople like a plague.

The deal on my 2011 A5 was 5% off MSRP, which worked out to approximately $2600.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2010 models are sold out, and contrary to what tiag335 says, they are a hot item and we don't have any on stock. However, the no discount policy is BS, I agree on that.
To the OP, let me know if I may be of help, I'm at Audi of Mississauga.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by afretes
2010 models are sold out, and contrary to what tiag335 says, they are a hot item and we don't have any on stock. However, the no discount policy is BS, I agree on that.
To the OP, let me know if I may be of help, I'm at Audi of Mississauga.
You don't have any in stock because it's a low volume car and not many people buy it. I bet you don't have too many FWD A6's in stock either but that doesn't make it a "hot item".
Old 08-05-2010, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Well. we have another know it all. There is one in each forum.

Originally Posted by tiag335
You don't have any in stock because it's a low volume car and not many people buy it. I bet you don't have too many FWD A6's in stock either but that doesn't make it a "hot item".
Old 08-05-2010, 07:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well. we have another know it all. There is one in each forum.
No offense, but when a salesman tells you that such and such is a "hot car" (which is usually given as the pretext for why he supposedly can't give you more than a measly, token discount on it), your BS meter should be going off the scale.

If the A5 was a "hot car", there would be a waiting list for it. And that may have been the case for a brief period of time when the car launched in 2008, but there is currently no waiting list for the A5. I know because I just bought one.

You don't have to be a "know it all" to see through the typical car salesman hype.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Listen "13 post to date", you have as much knowledge posting, as you do about salesman. Keep it up, and we'll name you Canadian Audiworld Troll.

No offense, but when a salesman tells you that such and such is a "hot car" (which is usually given as the pretext for why he supposedly can't give you more than a measly, token discount on it), your BS meter should be going off the scale.

If the A5 was a "hot car", there would be a waiting list for it. And that may have been the case for a brief period of time when the car launched in 2008, but there is currently no waiting list for the A5. I know because I just bought one.

You don't have to be a "know it all" to see through the typical car salesman hype.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Listen "13 post to date", you have as much knowledge posting, as you do about salesman. Keep it up, and we'll name you Canadian Audiworld Troll.
You've got no point to make, so you resort to personal attacks. Which one of us is the troll?

If that's how you do business, I'm not surprised that you have to solicit sales on message boards like this one.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I don't waste times with trolls.

You've got no point to make, so you resort to personal attacks. Which one of us is the troll?

If that's how you do business, I'm not surprised that you have to solicit sales on message boards like this one.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

To the OP, PMme for details. Even if you are out of town, I can give you some idea as to what our margin is and tell you more or less what they are selling for or what you should be ordering.

Quick Reply: Discount on 2011 A5?