Discount on 2011 A5?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you visit a few dealers you will quickly get a feel for the discounts being offered. I did this and found they were all within a percent of one another. My advice is to buy from the rep that will service you best and forget about a percent or two. I have been waiting for a week on a response from my sales person and this is totally unaceptable to me. I wish I had placed my order elsewhere.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Big second on service! However, it is not really appreciated by the masses. I find that most guys in the forums are only after the best price, they will drive to 3 or 4 dealers, to only save, as you mentioned, 1% more than te next guy.
Regarding your salesperson not responding, that is the number one complaint people have. It is amazing the amount of people I hear say that.

Originally Posted by Zedder
If you visit a few dealers you will quickly get a feel for the discounts being offered. I did this and found they were all within a percent of one another. My advice is to buy from the rep that will service you best and forget about a percent or two. I have been waiting for a week on a response from my sales person and this is totally unaceptable to me. I wish I had placed my order elsewhere.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes, I'm really disappointed. I ordered my Quartz Grey S5 2 weeks ago from a GTA dealer, I think you know my salesperson quite well...
Old 08-13-2010, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Try Scott McAllum at Queensway Audi. Good guy. Knowledgable and made the deal with me over the phone without any "typical" pressure tactics. I highly recommend him. Discounts will range between 3-5% depending on what model you choose.

As for the other topic in this thread, yes I will say that human nature is such that the urge to keep up the after sales service seems to take somewhat of a hit. I am an easy going guy so I understand. I believe that a certain level of understanding has to be there from the customer's standpoint too. As much as we'd like to be treated as the only customer a sales rep ever has, reality is such that we are not and these folks have bills to pay and need to prioritize their time accordingly. If we try and understand each other a bit better a lot can be solved.

As for Audi of Mississauga, my experience there was not positive because they took on an attitude with me as though they were doing me a favour. I don't know Alex Fretes and he was not the gentleman I was dealing with, but seeing the way he has responded to a fellow member (whether the fellow member is right or wrong) I get the feeling the culture of disrespect runs throughout Audi of Mississauga.

Alex, no offense to you my man, but I am in sales too and always remember, ANYONE at ANYTIME can become your customer or may be a lead to a customer. I doubt you'll pay much heed to my advice but I'd try and be respectful even to the worst offender in these forums because you are somewhat of a "public" figure who is trying to leverage the audience in this forum to further your mission of selling more Audis.

Flame suit on.......:-)
Old 08-17-2010, 08:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm waiting on Alex Fretes to resolve an issue that I had with Mississauga Audi right now. I hope I can post a positive response within a few days about how well he handled things. Mark