F1 News: "Ferrari get so much more money than everyone else"

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default They are the only manufacturer that utilizes their own chassis/engine/drivetrain......

so they should get a bigger slice of the pie than the other teams that are either engine suppliers or bought out smaller teams for their chassis technology/infrastructure.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about Renault and the late Honda team?
Old 12-21-2008, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Renault bought Briatore/Beneton and Honda bought Gascoine/BAR. My statement still stands

You should have said Toyota. Although they are Euro based, they use all Toyota supplied components. Ferrari stood alone as the only fully independent manufacturer at the time the Concorde Agreement was made.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

was here ====>>>>
Old 12-21-2008, 04:46 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default True enough. But unlike Mercedes/McLaren or BMW/Sauber, it seems less collaboration

and both Renault and Honda raced successfully in F1 before they took over other companies with additional expertise. And yes, I did forget Toyota. Thanks for bringing that up.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

One thing we can all agree on is that Bernie needs to be run over by a bus.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Post *****!!
Old 12-22-2008, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Haha. I just had nothing new to say.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Only has a few more days to lock up his victory.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default With respect, I think you need to step out of your racing shoes and away from your

subjective distaste for Ferrari and look at it from a pure business point of view.

You can bitch and whine as much as you want about Ferrari, their success or lack thereof, their negotiation tactics, and about the aura or mystique of Ferrari or....lack thereof and, you know what? I may be inclined to agree with you on a few points b/c, frankly, I'm not one of those fanatics who wears a Ferrari racing jacket to church thinking they're king $hit...(you know who you are). BUT, but, but...

Those king $hits who wear the Ferrari jackets - the same ones who buy the hats, the posters, the watches...the same ones who put Ferrari stickers on their Hondas and Audi's (you know who you are)...the same ones who make the excursions to go to races, paint their faces, wear the stupid wigs of the Italian flag...the same ones who wouldn't know what a brake rotor looks like but know that Ferrari's stop on a dime, are the ones that Ecclestone and Di Montemozolo (sp?) give a $hit about...b/c they pay the bills. And harp as you may on the relative ignorance of these people all you want - they're here to stay. And BMW knows that. And Toyota knows that. And McLaren knows that. And they all know that if you take Ferrari away, you may as well pack it up, b/c they'd rather take the "sloppy seconds" from Ferrari </ sean avery> than have the firsts of an empty pot.

It sucks. If you love McLaren...it sucks. If you love any other team BUT Ferrari, it sucks. But, it's reality, whether you like it or not. Ferrari asked for $80M - I think they're snobbish a$$holes to be honest - but, they got the $80M b/c the numbers made sense and Ecclestone et al knows who butters their bread.

Anyhow, that is all.