Hello from JRP, we are now on the AudiWorld forums

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am just asking=)
Old 11-11-2003, 10:48 AM

Default JRP, you have one of the worst reputations of any retailer I have ever read about here at AW.

Welcome to forum. Now I suggest you begin your orientation by conducting a search of the whole AW website to learn just how many people you have annoyed.
Old 11-11-2003, 11:12 AM

Default Yes,

We are aware of the reputation our company has on this forum. We are willing to accept some responsibility for the criticism and concerns that some people here have expressed, but not all. The problem I have read about the most frequently was in regards to our service. We do our best to assist all our customers, both wholesale and retail. We frequently get very busy in the office, and at times customers feel they are being neglected. Please do not confuse our being busy as an unwillingness to service our customers. Please also bear in mind that our company deals with over 70 product lines, and over 1400 wholesalers across North America. Although we try, we cannot always offer the level of service that other smaller companies can.

We are in the process of moving forward and improving our relations with our customers. To do so, we are implementing new changes that will become apparent shortly.
Old 11-11-2003, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Is there any chance of JRP returning my Stock Chip for my 2002 A4 1.8T? Hopefully I will not

need it but I was expecting to get it back.
Old 11-11-2003, 11:37 AM

Default Interesting.

Hello Sir,

JRP's policy was to always return the factory chip after and APR chip installation was performed.

Please call us at 905-564-8805 and ask to speak to Carson regarding this, as this is very odd.
Old 11-11-2003, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: I have a question, why are your prices so Damn High?

Your prices a no doubt really high. I called you guys to upgrade my current software and to put in the 93octane program and you guys wanted $250-310. $100 for labour and $110 for the 93 octane and another 40 -100 for the 91octane program upgrade.
I just went to H2sport in georgetown and they charged me $55 for the same thing you told me would cost me $250-310 and I got great survice from them.
I think that APR likely didn't renew the licensing agreement because they had so many complaints about service and pricing thus not many sales is the main reason for APR to H2sport.

MY SHOUT OUT TO APR FOR SUCH A GOOD DECISION AND TO H2SPORT FOR SUCH GOOD SERVICE.
Old 11-11-2003, 12:25 PM

Default Re: I have a question, why are your prices so Damn High?

The pricing you have stated is confusing.

The cost of any second program slot, was $230 retail. A third program after that would have been $65 retail. At no time did we ever charge the $100 for labour in adding slots, if this was ever done, it was clearly our error. The $100 labour charge was for the initial chip installation only. Please don't confuse these prices with the introductory sale prices other companies offer.

In regards to the statement you made about the ending of our relationship with APR. This matter is not appropriate for public discussion, and is solely between us and APR. This forum thread is not to place blame on anyone, rather to move forward and extend our services to new and legacy customers.
Old 11-11-2003, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You will have an uphill battle to restore your rep around here

The one time I ever phoned JRP, the person on the phone was irritable and short, and mainly wanted to get me off the phone, no doubt to attend to the myriad of "other customers."

The information I received from JRP was plain wrong, as I later found out, and the price was outrageous.

I later got the same chip at half the price (literally) that JRP quoted. I also realized that I am far from being an isolated case, and that JRP is notorious for high prices and deplorable customer service.

The entire experience left a bad taste with me, and it will take a lot more than a great deal for JRP to get my business. Especially since there are so many more recommended, good Audi people in the GTA.
Old 11-11-2003, 01:24 PM

Default Yes

We realize this, and will do our best to better serve customers in the future. As I stated in another post below, we are implementing new changes to better serve our customers which will become apparent soon.
Old 11-11-2003, 02:50 PM

You've got a lot of guts posting here. I've never heard anything good about JRP.

Quick Reply: Hello from JRP, we are now on the AudiWorld forums