I need some help..

Old 05-26-2008, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Covering your car with vinyl decals detailing your plight work as well, I am told.

j/k
Old 05-26-2008, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Well, I really don't see why you'd expect Audi to pay for the bill.

I understand your frustration with customer service but when all is said and done, the car is out of warranty and hence you have to pay for repairs done to it. Audi does acknowledge design flaws from time to time and issues recalls or warranty extensions on those items. Sure it would be nice to get more, but its not realistic. If you've purchased all these cars from the same dealer, then perhaps you can get your dealer to help with this repair. BUT I don't see that happening.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:03 PM

Default When a major component such as a transmission controller fails after less than

40k km, there is a REAL problem with credibility, regardless of the time frame involved. There is either a design or manufacturing problem that obviously has been addressed in subsequent years.

Yes, ALL vehicles were purchased at the same dealer, however my parents live in the Okanagan and I live in Alberta. Going to my dealer is really a last resort option. Audi should have the intestinal fortitude to step up to the plate and do the right thing, i.e. STAND BEHIND ITS PRODUCTS.

And yes the warranty ran out in December, about 4 months before the problem manifested itself, however if Audi prides itself with the phrase "Fortschritt durch Technik" as its slogan, it should also stand behind its "Technik" when things go wrong beyond warranty. I'm sure if this was a long term Road and Track test something would have been done immediately and there would be no discussion.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Not that it makes any difference to your situation, but the slogan is "Vorsprung durch Technik"

And I have to agree with maaliish that if it's out of warranty, Audi isn't responsible.

As for your hypothesis of things being different for a long term R&T test, those so called long-term tests typically last about 6 months to at most a year, vs. the typical review of maybe a week or so. This means those long-term test cars are still well within warranty.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:08 PM

Default You ARE of course correct on both counts, however...

In Germany Auto Motor and Sport usually tests cars for 100000km or 62000 miles in about 15-18 month time frames. The warranty in Germany is usually only 1 year, however, when a major component fails, outside of the warranty time period the manufacturer ALWAYS jumps in and replaces the part under their "Goodwill" policy.
Gee, I wonder why???

In fact should Audi show my parents some "goodwill", you can be sure of the fact I would make sure Audi would get a lot of mileage out of it, and my esteem towards them would surely increase.