Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Regional & ACNA Discussion > North America Discussion > Canadian Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 04:00 PM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 89597

Default US Car: Honoring Warranty

Greetings everyone. Just wondering if people could share any positive (or negative) experiences with having an imported US car serviced in Canada.
I had imported an S4 a number of years ago, and the dealerships I dealt with locally (in NS and NB at the time) were fantastic with honoring the warranty, as I do believe it is stated as being a "North American" warranty. However I've since heard (moreso for some of the other German manufacturers) some issues with getting warranty work performed.

Any feedback would be appreciated,
Darren
dmr2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:14 PM   #2
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 252179

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmr2004 View Post
Greetings everyone. Just wondering if people could share any positive (or negative) experiences with having an imported US car serviced in Canada.
I had imported an S4 a number of years ago, and the dealerships I dealt with locally (in NS and NB at the time) were fantastic with honoring the warranty, as I do believe it is stated as being a "North American" warranty. However I've since heard (moreso for some of the other German manufacturers) some issues with getting warranty work performed.

Any feedback would be appreciated,
Darren
I've imported a couple of cars from the US this year, no problems with warranty being honoured by the dealerships here in the Edmonton area.
Edmaudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:30 AM   #3
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 94426

I brought my 2008 TT Coupe into Canada in September 2010 with a little over a year of warranty left on it. I had lots of warranty work done on it before the four years were up. The local dealer had on-line access to all the service records done by the previous owner in Chicago, which was great because the warranty book had no stamps in it.

The owner had purchased Audi Care in the US, which was not honoured in Canada, but my dealer pointed out that Audi of America would honour it if I took it to a US dealer across the border, and it would be worth my time since it was a $1500 scheduled maintenance.

I had to get Audi of America to talk to the Service Manager in Bangor (who claimed that Audi Care could not be transferred to a new owner) and in the end, all went smoothly.

2006 A4 Avant 2.0T Quattro 6 Speed
Quartz Gray, Premium, Ebony Leather

formerly:
2002 A4 1.8TQM Sport
1999 Nissan Maxima ES
1987 Nissan Pathfinder SE
1984 Nissan 300ZX 2+2
1980 Nissan 280ZX
1978 Datsun 280Z 2+2
1975 Austin Marina
1972 Yamaha 185
1965 Sears Allstate
cr8nA4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:35 AM   #4
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 259860

I imported a 2011 Q7 in early January 2014. In the brutal polar vortex I had an issue with the TDI AdBlue system and it was fixed under warranty in Oakville with no problems. They won't honour the Audi Care though, so I'll scoot across to Buffalo to get the remaining service work done when it comes up.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement